We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the one thing you wish you would have...

Wichita, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Wichita
Level Contributor
676 posts
150 reviews
Save Topic
What is the one thing you wish you would have...

thought of when planning, brought with you, picked up when you arrived, did-but ran out of time?

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,572 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,039 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
571 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
388 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
57,132 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the one thing you wish you would have...

Sorry, I'm lost on this one!

California
Level Contributor
269 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the one thing you wish you would have...

I wish I would have not read this post....does that count?

Sudbury, Canada
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the one thing you wish you would have...

Picked-up: I wish I would have picked-up some Peach Shnaps on the way to the strip from the airport. None to be found on the Strip so couldn't make Bellini's for the room! I can't stand cheep Champagne without it! Blah

Coral Springs...
Level Contributor
751 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the one thing you wish you would have...

i wish I had found some way to go to In-N-Out....

I live on the East Coast of the US, and we have none where I live...the only time I can have In-N-Out is when I'm in Vegas, but last trip, I ran out of time... :-(

Wichita, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Wichita
Level Contributor
676 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the one thing you wish you would have...

Sly - so crazy such a staple not to be found.

I have to say, it cracks me up how many discussions there are about In-N-Out Burgers! Love them, too, fl_mermaid.

For the other two, not sure how to respond to those. Not sure what there is to get, thought it was pretty clear. Just making some conversation about things people wish they would have done, but didn't or didn't think about.

Will NEVER understand the need to make snide remarks. Guess not everone was taught by their parents if they didn't have anything to say, don't say anything at all? At least this board is not as snarky as the NYC board-now some of them get down right mean. I think everyone here actually does want to share and help, even when they evidently don't think how something will come across before typing.

Boston...
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the one thing you wish you would have...

i got it ;)

i'm a freaky packer - i have lists for different places i go LOL - just got tired of wondering if i packed this or that on my way to airport!

kind of a planner too but i never have enough time to do all i want - was just there in january & i'm already working on my must-do list for next time: carnival court (so bummed it was closed!), chandelier bar, bourbon room (for the music), double down saloon - what? guess i didn't party enough last time LOL

oh and stay at cosmo :)

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
57,132 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is the one thing you wish you would have...

"For the other two, not sure how to respond to those. Not sure what there is to get, thought it was pretty clear. "

Honestly, It wasn't. Or isn't. That's why I responded the way I did. Not to be "snarky", but because the post simply didn't make sense to me.

There are a lot of threads that ask "What is the one thing you wish you would have brought to Las Vegas". People respond with suggestions like "a clothes pin to keep the drapes shut", or "I didn't know it was so dry, I should have brought more body lotion" or whatever.

If your intent was to ask that, it didn't work. The post simply made no sense to me. And maybe that's why you got so few responses.

Read your post again, out loud, and tell me it is not a confusing grammatical mess. Maybe then you too can benefit from your own words about thinking about how things will come across.

blacksburg va
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is the one thing you wish you would have...

about the only thing we ever feel we wish we made a diff decision on is our flkights.

Most often its the one home,Wife usually likes the 1st flight out but that makes it tough to eat before we leave,yet when we take a later flight we get home so late. otherwise we usually buy any show tickets pre trip and really dont make many plans,we prefer to wing it most of our time in vegas.

wife usually regrets not packing something to work out in,yes she brings sneakers since she tries to tough it out in her heels until she cant take it anymore,but seldome brings anything to wear in the fitness center.

Mission, Canada
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is the one thing you wish you would have...

When we went to Jamaica I realized on our way to the airport I forgot one of my meds. Luckily I was able to get my prescription filled in Vancouver. At the time my hair was long and curly and the only thing I could use was a hair pick when it was wet. Forgot that as well, the very last gift'/sundries shop in the departures area had one.

Other than that I'm a chronic overpacker and overplanner when going to Vegas!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
520 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is the one thing you wish you would have...

My first time I wish I would have gone to In n Out burger.

My second time I wish I would have walked the stirp more because we only stands in our little bubble area for a wedding and the shows we booked.