We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southwest flight credit

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Level Contributor
1,944 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Southwest flight credit

I see that my flights are cheaper now. How do I get credit toward another flight , also I have EB

Saint Joseph...
Level Contributor
2,493 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Southwest flight credit

Easiest is to just call them. The wait times at 1-800-IFLYSWA are usually not that bad. They will rebook the flight. Then you will just need to keep track of your booking number to use the credit you will get for a future booking.

If you want to do it online, I think you just pick the "change flight" feature and choose your same flight at the lower fare.

birm
Level Contributor
3,087 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Southwest flight credit

I'm surprised southwest no help

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,524 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Southwest flight credit

Just change the flight. You'll have the credit "in the bank" as it were.

Saint Joseph...
Level Contributor
2,493 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Southwest flight credit

You will NOT lose your EB, but you might be reshuffled to a new spot in the EB line. Not sure.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
11,155 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Southwest flight credit

If you booked your flight(s) online, then you will need to make the changes online as well. You can call and have a SWA rep walk you through the process if necessary. They are always very friendly.

It is very easy to do yourself, though. Go to the SWA home page, on the right click 'change flight', enter your confirmation number, and name, etc. You'll then have an opportunity to click on which of your flights you want to change. (without the screen in front of me it's hard to remember all the rest of the steps) Don't worry if you get stuck, your original flight will be held until you submit the final changes.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
11,155 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Southwest flight credit

And, your EB check in will move to your new flight. You won't lose it.

Ohio
Level Contributor
407 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Southwest flight credit

I had to repurchase my EB when I rebooked. Price difference made it worthwhile.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
11,155 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Southwest flight credit

Helpful links:

If an EarlyBird Check-In Customer chooses to change a flight, will the EarlyBird Check-In options transfer to the new flight?

southwest.com/html/…

It depends. EarlyBird Check-In is tied to the Customer’s reservation for which the EarlyBird Check-In purchase was made and will be transferred to the Customer’s new flight if he/she changes the flight at least 25 hours prior to the original flight’s scheduled departure time and so long as the change is to a flight that will depart in more than 25 hours. Since EarlyBird Check-In is associated with a reservation, any changes must be made within the same reservation record (same confirmation number) in which the Customer purchased EarlyBird Check-In.

southwest.com/html/customer-service/how-tos/…

albuquerque
Level Contributor
2,801 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Southwest flight credit

I didn't go with southwest by phone, as a matter of fact the agent stated too me if it was a get away reduced rate, you would need to do it online, so I went online changed our flight, and "bam" since it was a less expensive rate I was given an automatic credit, to be used towards another flight or perhaps to use as an early bird check in, yeah they will apply the credit to that as well, it was very easy peasy

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,944 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Southwest flight credit

So basically I just change my flights to the same flights and I will have the same confirm #