We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety in Las Vegas and Safe Travel Tips--Great Article

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
6,608 posts
381 reviews
Save Topic
Safety in Las Vegas and Safe Travel Tips--Great Article

This article discusses the safety of Las Vegas and contains a great list of travel tips for any travel destination.

vegas4visitors.com/column/index.htm#story01

Mullica Hill, New...
Level Contributor
6,290 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safety in Las Vegas and Safe Travel Tips--Great Article

In addition to that reading material, it also touched on resort fees and why the resorts would rather have them than simply higher rates, which is a common sore subject on these boards.

birm
Level Contributor
3,087 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Safety in Las Vegas and Safe Travel Tips--Great Article

Nothing new, always a good reminder.

Diamond Bar...
Level Contributor
783 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safety in Las Vegas and Safe Travel Tips--Great Article

Thanks, Reader Pat! Good information about safety, latest resort fee information and a nice review of the the new restaurant at Mandalay Bay. I will check out the Vegas4Visitors Facebook page as well.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,230 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Safety in Las Vegas and Safe Travel Tips--Great Article

ReaderPat, I confess you are my favorite poster on TA. Thanks for the contribution.

Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
6,608 posts
381 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safety in Las Vegas and Safe Travel Tips--Great Article

Awww, thanks! I know most of the safety info isn't new to the forum, but it's been a while since there was a thread of safe traveler tips. In light of recent threads expressing concerns, I thought the article might help them to understand that statistically, it is a safe travel destination if they follow those common-sense recommendations. :-)

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Safety in Las Vegas and Safe Travel Tips--Great Article

Thanks for posting the article. I live in a heavy tourist area and I wish the tourists would use the crosswalks and only when the walk sign is on!

Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
6,608 posts
381 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Safety in Las Vegas and Safe Travel Tips--Great Article

I fully admit to being somewhat of a safety freak and a rule follower. The ridiculous risks people take for a few seconds or a minute by not waiting for the Walk sign at crosswalks is one of my greatest frustrations in Las Vegas. I fully expect to a pedestrian killed some day and can't believe it doesn't happen more often. The worst? And I have seen it numerous times . . . when moms with strollers take off to cross the street and leave their toddlers to walk behind them 5 or 10 feet . . . and the Walk sign is NOT on, I want to scream at them!!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
260 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Safety in Las Vegas and Safe Travel Tips--Great Article

Even though it's all common sense, it's still good to have a reminder of this stuff once in a while. Especially the part regarding pedestrians: if I had a red chip for every time some drunk wandered into the street, or a person in a hurry dashed across Las Vegas Boulevard to beat the traffic, or some idiot just brazenly strolled into the crosswalk against the light, I'd be in the high-limit lounge right now. It's truly amazing to me that more of them aren't injured or killed.

Edited: 04 March 2013, 06:49
Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
192 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Safety in Las Vegas and Safe Travel Tips--Great Article

Awww, Coyote Ugly is closing?!! I wanted to see that for the first time when I get to Vegas in July.... : (

Cottage Grove...
Level Contributor
2,657 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Safety in Las Vegas and Safe Travel Tips--Great Article

I've got a solo trip in May, so I especially appreciate the safety tips and reminders. Thanks ReaderPat!