We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zumanity seating - Duo sofas specifically

Graz, Austria
Level Contributor
545 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Zumanity seating - Duo sofas specifically

I'm looking to either book tickets for Zumanity, or maybe even try and redeem myVEGAS points for the tickets.

I really like the look of the Duo Sofas. I've had a look at the virtual tour link on the Zumanity page on the NYNY website, and it looks like there is just one row of the Duo sofas - at the front and closest to the stage.

Although at first glance they would seem to be the best seats, they are certainly the most expensive seats. Maybe they're not actually that great after all as it looks like you'd constantly be looking up at the stage, and maybe end up with a crick in your neck!

So are they worth the money?

Are they actually the best seats?

If not, which seats would be better?

Next question. Is there any audience participation in Zumanity? I'm really not a fan of that and so would definitely boycott the Duo Sofas if there was any danger at all of being involved in anything!

We're also looking at maybe booking Absinthe, and I'm gonna sit as far away as possible for that!

Final question. Has anyone redeemed on myVEGAS, and actually managed to get the Duo Sofa seating?

Many Thanks

europe-chick

Mullica Hill, New...
Level Contributor
7,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zumanity seating - Duo sofas specifically

You are close sitting on the sofas, but some of the sofas actually have you looking to the side of the action as well. If you get a sofa in front, then you're good to go. If you get a sofa (or any seat, really) to the side, you won't have the greatest of views.

There is some audience participation, although it doesn't matter if you're in the sofa or a regular seat. If they absolutely want you - they'll come for you!

I just bought my tickets directly; the Cirque website had discounted tickets available.

Graz, Austria
Level Contributor
545 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zumanity seating - Duo sofas specifically

Thanks Roadnut

Michigan
Level Contributor
140 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zumanity seating - Duo sofas specifically

When we went we were in the frint of the balcony and I though they were great seats.We had a much better view than we would have sitting in front of the stage.

Graz, Austria
Level Contributor
545 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zumanity seating - Duo sofas specifically

Thanks Stacy. I did wonder whether the front of the balcony would be good, as you'd see down on everything. It's a shame they haven't put Duo Sofas up there too!

Yankee
Level Contributor
7,293 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zumanity seating - Duo sofas specifically

My wife and I had seats on the side of stage given to us by a friend who got them comped. We got moved to the sofa right in front. It was very nice.

NY
Level Contributor
161 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zumanity seating - Duo sofas specifically

I preferred the mid-level pricing seats. I thought the sofas were kind of a crap shoot as to the view.

Dallas
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Zumanity seating - Duo sofas specifically

We sat on the sofas a little to the side of the stage. I personally did not think they were the best seats. I remember looking up and seeing a little balcony on the side of the room and I remember thinking those were probably the best seats in the house. A few rows back in the middle would be great as well.

Oh and there is definitely audience participating--I remember at our show a guy a row or two from the stage got picked.

Edited: 04 March 2013, 17:53
Sacramento...
Level Contributor
259 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Zumanity seating - Duo sofas specifically

If you don't want any chance of being involved, the balcony might be the best place -- we sat in the center of the balcony front row, and had a great view (beware that there is a railing that interferes a bit, but it's not bad. Perhaps 2nd row would be even better). For this kind of show, a bit farther back and higher is usually better (vs, say, Penn and Teller, which we saw the next night from the 5th row from the stage, which was a great place)

There was definitely interaction of some sort with most of the sofa occupants, whether as part of the pre-show or during. It's always hard to tell if the people that get *really* involved (i.e. pulled on stage) are guests or plants pretending to be reluctant :-) The program does say that audience involvement is a part and that you can of course refuse, but we preferred to not be in that position at all. We really enjoyed the show.

Graz, Austria
Level Contributor
545 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Zumanity seating - Duo sofas specifically

Thanks very much for the further replies. Still undecided about the sofas...

Salem, OR
Level Contributor
1,111 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Zumanity seating - Duo sofas specifically

Get the front of the balcony. They are cheaper and by far better seats than the sofas.