We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TR-Stepson's 21st - PH, Aria, Zarkana, Margaritaville, Gun

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, TX
Level Contributor
1,662 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
TR-Stepson's 21st - PH, Aria, Zarkana, Margaritaville, Gun

What the heck I'll do a quick TR, was going to skip it but did experience some new things after hundreds of trips to Vegas and 3rd 21st celebration trip for one of my kids - but this time for my step-son so no girly stuff, oh except his friend backed out so his guests were his two step-sisters and their friend - so he got stuck with the girls again - accept his Dad.

I'll try and keep it brief.

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
1,662 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TR-Stepson's 21st - PH, Aria, Zarkana, Margaritaville, Gun

So the trip was planned a few months out and of course with twenty somethings and a college student turning 21 the players were constantly changing, break-ups, broke college students, I can go, I can't go. So of course the rooms kept changing too!

I saved my 7 Star annual trip so I could get a free room and airfare for two, and the $500 F/B credit and the $500 celebration dinner credit. Plus I booked for my husband and I over at Aria on a 3 night comp suite, 500 FP, 300 F/B and 2 Zarkana tickets, plus I had 1400 in express comps that they hadn't scalped yet. They some how scalped my Noir status down to Platinum in 2013 after the freeze - oh well. So I had the rooms, food, and transportation covered. Just needed that magic gambling God to smile on me so I could cover staying at two properties and last 4 nights and keep everyone fairly happy.

At the last minute I switched two rooms I had comped at Paris to PH, because now my son's friend wasn't coming so I had to cancel I third room I had at the Cosmo for him and his friend. So I asked for a two room suite at PH. Needless to say I got a cool response that I don't play there and they can't do a 2 bedroom suite. I argued with my host at my home property and the local host that this is my annual trip and my play of where I'm visiting should have no bearing, should be based on home play. Basically I was told SOL - I would get one modest suite room and a connector with two queens for the kids. Oh well, it's comped who cares.

My DH and I arrived on the 20th to get the supplies ready and the rooms. I packed a whole bar in one suit case and we hit up the Walgreens for snacks and soda etc. The limo from PH picked us up and we had a slight delay and got to PH by 9:30 pm.

When we got to the room we nearly died, 1400 sq feet with a pool table and to separate bedrooms. Could not believe it - my umm complaining worked. This place was so cool for a guy, he got the Stephen Segal room and the girls got the Patrick Swazy room. 3 bathrooms, club chains, suede walls, 4 TVs, wetbar, fridge, 3 couches, director chairs, dining area, club seating, high bar seating. All the cool MTV channels - a college kids dream room. Theme was dark grey, black, purple and a gold couch. I was told by Gordon Ramsey's camera guy who I met it was the same room Gordon stay's in - score.

We played a trick on my SS and I had the girls tell him I was treated bad and could only get a regular room, they flew in Thurs evening from Dallas and I had them play it up on the plane and I brought him into the suite through the bedroom door and said sorry, and the nice kid that he is - he was like I know you tried it's cool. Then his Dad popped out of the main suite area and SS walked in there thinking that was our room. We all laughed and said no dude it's all you and here is the bar we setup for you and we gave him all his cards, (21 -$20's our tradition) to get him started.

We were off to a great start and a lot of fun.

Yankee
Level Contributor
7,293 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TR-Stepson's 21st - PH, Aria, Zarkana, Margaritaville, Gun

What are club chains?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
5,732 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TR-Stepson's 21st - PH, Aria, Zarkana, Margaritaville, Gun

wow great report, what a great 21st birthday for him

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
955 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TR-Stepson's 21st - PH, Aria, Zarkana, Margaritaville, Gun

I want to see pictures of this room! Keep going, and thanks for sharing.

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
1,662 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TR-Stepson's 21st - PH, Aria, Zarkana, Margaritaville, Gun

Those chains that hang in a circle and I guess you either dance in them or take pictures. They have them in the Cosmo on the way into the Ladies room too. Weird, but cool club vibe.

Romeoville, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TR-Stepson's 21st - PH, Aria, Zarkana, Margaritaville, Gun

you are such great parents. I bet your son was over the moon with that great room. Thanks for taking the time to share.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
377 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TR-Stepson's 21st - PH, Aria, Zarkana, Margaritaville, Gun

Sounds amazing, can't wait to read the rest of your TR!

NY
Level Contributor
161 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TR-Stepson's 21st - PH, Aria, Zarkana, Margaritaville, Gun

Wow, talk about a fun time...that'd be a nice 21st bday celebration.

Hermitage...
Level Contributor
765 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: TR-Stepson's 21st - PH, Aria, Zarkana, Margaritaville, Gun

Great start looking forward to more!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
995 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply