We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Celine Dion for parents - help!

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
364 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Celine Dion for parents - help!

My parents are coming out to LV for my wedding, wanted to buy them Celine Dion tickets as a "thank you" and also to give them something to do the day after the wedding while the rest of us are nursing hangovers and trying to start new ones.

Question is, anyone ever been and know what the seating is like? I wasn't planning on buying them the most expensive tickets, but thinking about going one up from the least expensive (the $129 seats). Any input on tickets, seating choices would be VERY much appreciated!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
378 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Celine Dion for parents - help!

Have you seen the ticketmaster website with the new interactive seating chart view? You can get a pretty good idea of the view from each section of the theater by clicking on the red dot. We purchased the cheapest tickets in the 2nd mezzanine/balcony. But since we did this really early, we got center section, 4 rows back. I couldn't bring myself to spend more than the $79.95 for our seats (with all the taxes and surcharges it still worked out to about $100 each).

Sarnia, Ontario
Level Contributor
7,119 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Celine Dion for parents - help!

I have seen the show twice once from the first mezz and once from the first row. The first mezz is the best way to go you get the full effect of the show, Don't spend the money for the orchestra tickets yes u see Celine up close but u don't get the full effect of the show.

Toronto
Level Contributor
971 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Celine Dion for parents - help!

Jack is correct. We have seen Celine from both the Orchestra & most recently, the 1st Mez. The first mezz gives you the full effect of the production...if you want to see her face, bring binoculars...lol. Also, if you are going to be in the 1st mezz, get seats in the centre vs off to the side. We were in the 4th row of the 1st mezz and the seats were great for us.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,588 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Celine Dion for parents - help!

They charge MORE to see her up close? :)

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
364 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Celine Dion for parents - help!

Thanks everyone!! 1st Mezz it is! I love this website.

IrishFan - LOL!!! (even though I assume you're a ND fan?)

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,588 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Celine Dion for parents - help!

Nope - not a Notre Dame fan. Not a Celine fan either, could you tell?

(Just half-kidding, she's talented and people seem to love her show, you'd just never get me to go to it lol)

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
364 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Celine Dion for parents - help!

I like you even better now. (Have you guessed I'm not an ND fan?)

I believe it's possible to acknowledge her talent and still say that you'd rather be getting your teeth drilled. At least that's my take.

Toronto
Level Contributor
971 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Celine Dion for parents - help!

well, if you want to see someone who doesn't like Celine, go see Elton when Celine ain't there...he bashes the crap outta her...lol...oh well, you won't have Celine to kick around much longer...only another 1.5 years...then that old hag Cher takes over for her...

9. Re: Celine Dion for parents - help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 11:21