We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best rental car agency?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
294 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
best rental car agency?

I can't find a recent answer to this question. We're flying into/out of LAS and need an SUV for 8 days. There are lots of choices, and many negative reviews of just about every agency. Which ones would TA advisers recommend?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: best rental car agency?

I'd go with whatever one has the best rate on the car I want.

Lawrenceburg...
Level Contributor
1,798 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best rental car agency?

Dollar and Thrifty are always great, Alamo is also good. Join their clubs on line and you can avoid the lines and go straight to the area to pick up car, it costs nothing. Watch prices, they flucuate daily.

Baltimore
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: best rental car agency?

I've gone with Alamo for at least my last 6 trips. Never had any problems with them.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,310 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best rental car agency?

I'm in the car rental biz and have been for 26 years. If you read the reviews(negative reviews) most are for gas...late charges...and damages... It's the "it's not my fault" story. Take those reviews with a grain of salt.

Dollar Avis national and hertz will take care of you. Bring the car back with a full tank and on time you will experience NO issues.

Aloha

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,839 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best rental car agency?

Price is the first consideration for me. I have used Advantage, Alamo, Thrifty, and Enterprise. All the cars were equal.

Fox is not at the rental center and is not recommended.

Edited: 11 March 2013, 01:51
Arkansas
Level Contributor
199 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best rental car agency?

I've used Avis at Excalibur Hotel several times. Never had a problem with them. Also it's cheaper than renting from the airport. All rental companies will have the bad days, and without a question someone will write about it, if it happens to them.

I would suggest finding one that has a location close to where you are staying.

Extra tip, book it online with their website!!!! The prices are often lower than just walking up to the counter.

7. Re: best rental car agency?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2014, 04:15