We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why can't TA leave the format alone?

Dallas
Level Contributor
21,747 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Why can't TA leave the format alone?

New forum seems to be far to much empty space on the screen and takes more "clicks" to get through the forum.

I guess they have hired website people and they don't feel like they are earning their pay if they don't change something.

How about "if it ain't broke"....don't fix it. Seems like they have not fixed the things I've seen people complain about. Just change for the sake of change to me.

Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
6,608 posts
391 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Why can't TA leave the format alone?

I totally agree. In fact, until you posted, I thought I had done something wrong or clicked something to change the screen. I don't mind change, but I don't like this one!

Saint Joseph...
Level Contributor
2,519 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Why can't TA leave the format alone?

If they are going to change anything, I wish they would allow posters to quote (respond) to specific comments of other posters like Cruise Critic and other travel sites do.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Why can't TA leave the format alone?

That's pretty much it. If they're not changing something they can't justify their job. Although I'm sure there will be one of them along soon to close this thread.

As for "if it aint broke, don't fix it", to be fair it was rubbish, but the new format doesn't make it better. It's gone from rubbish to rubbish and someone's pocketed a few months pay.

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Why can't TA leave the format alone?

They should change it so that we can "Quote" people and "Thank" posts but then again they're going to shut down this thread anyway.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,607 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Why can't TA leave the format alone?

agree

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
346 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Why can't TA leave the format alone?

I really liked the other format much more than this one - first reaction when I got onto the site this morning was "awwww, what'd they do"..... so different and really not as fun to use.

Vermont
Level Contributor
4,069 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Why can't TA leave the format alone?

This format is difficult to read.

South Carolina
Level Contributor
3,107 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Why can't TA leave the format alone?

Not only do I not like the change, they did it on a Monday morning when I'm trying to fly on autopilot

Dallas
Level Contributor
21,747 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Why can't TA leave the format alone?

I think they must have hired the same people that just redid the Yahoo home page. It stinks too !!

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Why can't TA leave the format alone?

Yahoo??

That's so 1990's. LOL