We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why can't TA leave the format alone?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas
Level Contributor
20,723 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Why can't TA leave the format alone?

New forum seems to be far to much empty space on the screen and takes more "clicks" to get through the forum.

I guess they have hired website people and they don't feel like they are earning their pay if they don't change something.

How about "if it ain't broke"....don't fix it. Seems like they have not fixed the things I've seen people complain about. Just change for the sake of change to me.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,269 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
61. Re: Why can't TA leave the format alone?

The new format totally detered me from even wanting to look at the forum on Monday. It stinks!!!

It now just looks like a primitive website instead of a well put together one. All of the information is still there, it's just harder to find because it looks all spread out now.

I notice that they have not shut down this post yet. Maybe they are letting it stay open so they can read the feedback. I hope they change it back to the old format.

Haha! I actually thought it was my fault at first. I though maybe I had accidentally clicked on a change format button that I didn't know existed. It took me a bit to realize they had actually changed it.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,345 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
62. Re: Why can't TA leave the format alone?

I have seen other LV boards die because they forgot or downplayed the importance of the UNPAID members who provide the FREE CONTENT. Without content they have nothing.

I'm not saying they can't or shouldn't make change, but if they want to thrive and prosper or maybe just survive, they should communicate with the members.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
664 posts
1 review
Save Reply
63. Re: Why can't TA leave the format alone?

I agree. This new format stinks. I too thought I did something, but alas it wasn't me.

manchester
Level Contributor
77 posts
1 review
Save Reply
64. Re: Why can't TA leave the format alone?

horrible format hope they change it back

Edited: 12 March 2013, 13:43
Bridgewater, New...
Level Contributor
2,271 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
65. Re: Why can't TA leave the format alone?

Glad you posted - I thought I clicked on a wrong key and changed the format. LIke the other format better.

birm
Level Contributor
3,087 posts
Save Reply
66. Re: Why can't TA leave the format alone?

It's a business decision. For whatever reasons TA decided on change.

Members could have given input ahead of time instead of complaining after the fact.

Whatever the changes are, the TA forums, especially this one, will continue, and thrive.

Many new posters visit TA daily, this forum is one of the most active and will continue to be.

If someone decides to no longer post based on a few formatting changes it is no big loss. There is always someone else willing to post.

Stop whining folks, it's only an internet forum, which is free to use. Post or don't, it will make no significant impact on the forum.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
902 posts
Save Reply
67. Re: Why can't TA leave the format alone?

I doubt there's ever been a single facelift that has ever been given to a single large website in the history of the internet which wasn't universally decried at the time.

FWIW, I quite like the new look.

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,706 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
68. Re: Why can't TA leave the format alone?

I still stick with my prediction: Give it 1-2 weeks and you won't even be able to tell me what's different.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,269 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
69. Re: Why can't TA leave the format alone?

I also wish they would update the destination experts. There are a few that can be taken off the board and there are a few that can be added.

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
70. Re: Why can't TA leave the format alone?

Hi

Wheres the side links to other destinations that you could save.

Not good when planning a holiday, now takes ages to change from page to page. Dont like it at all.

Clive