We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

not really a tourist question......

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
88 posts
165 reviews
Save Topic
not really a tourist question......

I realize that this might not be the best place for this question....we are gonna be visiting Las Vegas in a couple of weeks and as a future retirement home is a topic of conversation for my husband and I, we thought we would consider looking at houses while there visiting. Can anyone recommend a good realtor in Vegas?? thanks!!

Dallas
Level Contributor
21,433 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: not really a tourist question......

Go to the banks and look at foreclosures. I think Vegas has one of the highest foreclosure rates of any city in the country, with the exception of Detroit.....and, you sure don't wanna retire in Detroit !!

Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,863 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: not really a tourist question......

LOL...Detroit...yea, I might think of moving towards that suburb someday later, but definitely not to retire there...

I agree with placebets. Look at banks and foreclosures. Real estate prices in Vegas is not bad compared to some other known US cities..

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: not really a tourist question......

Superb suggestion from both, also see realtor.com for multi-listings. They include short sales and foreclosures as well.

www.realtor.com/lasvegas/nbregion.asp…

Kingman, Arizona
Level Contributor
691 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: not really a tourist question......

We used Kathy stromer http://www.kathystromer.com/ when we bought a our house in Las Vegas and thought she did a great job.

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: not really a tourist question......

This is a great forum for all your relocation questions. I used it when I relocated and now use it to help others that are relocating.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/las-vegas/

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: not really a tourist question......

If you want a ready to move into home a foreclosure may not be the way to go, too many of them are damaged by the previous owner once they receive their eviction notice. There are a few builders putting up new homes in the area.

Not sure if he is still in the business or not, we bought our current home and sold a condo through mark Bowman and thought he did excellent work. His company used to move you for free when you bought or sold a home through him. (702) 309-6683 Office

7. Re: not really a tourist question......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2014, 04:16