We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Total Rewards Promo I'm liking.

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, ON
Level Contributor
65 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Total Rewards Promo I'm liking.

Hey all,

A few years ago I switched over from MGM/Mirage guy to Caesars/Harrah's. I've never been a huge "points" person but the current Total Rewards promo has been pretty sweet. They give you bonus tier points if you hit certain plateau's in a day. 550 points gets you an extra 125, 1,000 points gets you an extra 1,000 and 2,500 gets you 5,000 bonus.

I play mostly video poker and have done the 1,000 points once and 2,500 a few weeks ago (100 hand VP, 5 cents per hand).

I'm at 10,000 points now, 6,000 of those because of the bonus, and my next trip I'll hit Diamond level for the year.

This sounds like a commercial, but I don't work for them :) Just a Canadian guy whose been to Vegas 40+ times and likes the idea of a Diamond card to bypass the Starbucks line :)

Anyone else have player point bonuses they like?

Kitchener Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Total Rewards Promo I'm liking.

you get what you pay for :-)

NC
Level Contributor
532 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Total Rewards Promo I'm liking.

It wasn't a promotion for Tier points, but the Great Race To Rewards promo, that CET has offered for the past two summers was kind of nice. I was able to pick up about $1,000 in TR credits for rooms, dining and purchases, by entering the promotion, and taking some carefully-planned trips to multiple CET locations.

It would be nice if they did it again this year, although that seems somewhat doubtful - it may have been a program with a bit too much potential for abuse.

birm
Level Contributor
3,087 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Total Rewards Promo I'm liking.

The only point bonuses worthwhile to me are multiplier days where I gain more entries into drawings. I play FPVP.

The Carsers group has zero value to me.

Roswell, New Mexico
Level Contributor
2,737 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Total Rewards Promo I'm liking.

Thanks for the info, very helpful.

AZ
Level Contributor
3,674 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Total Rewards Promo I'm liking.

I know that TR is not the most popular around here but we just got back from a great trip to Paris where we got priority valetparking, used the Diamond check-in, stayed in a comped suite, saw 2 free shows, used the Diamond lines for all our free dining, and had premium drinks in the Diamond Lounge. We also received the bonus points toward our tier score as referenced above. They make it hard for us to play anywhere else.

blacksburg va
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Total Rewards Promo I'm liking.

Yes, the bonus tier points can be helpfull,but also a trap.

Normally I like to just play,and keep on playing until I feel ready to quit. but on a recent trip My wife and i had arrived very early, so by midnight we were both tired,and had been worn down by drinking all day,

naturally we saw i was above the 2k in tier for the day and by then it only made sense to play on for the extra 500 to get the 5k bonus.

so the temptation by cet worked for them on me, and as expected It seemed getting thos elast few hundred tier points took a very long time but just felt like i was too close to just stop playing.

rest of our trip i just played until i felt ready to stop. so yes, i ebnded up sitting pretty good tier score wise,but definetly played longer that 1st night than i should have

AZ
Level Contributor
3,674 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Total Rewards Promo I'm liking.

Hey copyguy - doing a TR? If your trip was like ours there was not much to tell but which tower and did you make it to the DL?

BTW - I do think it is going to take some getting used to the new bonus levels. As long as we use them to our advantage and not let ourselves be pushed to play higher than we wanted to it's going to be great. I'm not sure we will ever be a 2500 pt a day player but the 1000 pt bonus match worked for me.

blacksburg va
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Total Rewards Promo I'm liking.

tr ? maybe.. not much that anyone will want to hear.

1st night was fun as expected,but also played longer than i should have.

host had someone from vip services meet our limo and took us straight to our room. since it was early, we stayed in augustus tower since thats the room that was ready,fountain view ectect.

trip was definetly my unluckiest in years,could not hit anything worth mentioning,then got sick on top of that. so overall this trip just left me yearning for our next one in nov.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Total Rewards Promo I'm liking.

We were there in early February. Unfortunately I became dehydrated the first night after we arrived at 8pm & spent the next 4 days of our trip at Desert Springs Hospital. After I got out & back to Paris we only had 2 days to play.

We had a little luck on our favorite machines & wound up with over 12,000 points. We got a 1,000 tier point bonus & a 5,000 tier point bonus. We should make Diamond again.

Can't wait to go back!

10. Re: Total Rewards Promo I'm liking.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2014, 05:16