We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fremont Street

Blackburn, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Fremont Street

I am a newbie to Las Vegas and even to USA. Staying at Luxor Hotel and want to visit Fremont St during my stay. Is it best getting a taxi? If so does anyone have an idea of an approximate cost.

Thanks

uk
Level Contributor
400 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Fremont Street

Obviously more convenient getting a cab aliselle but your likely looking in the region of $70 round trip from the Luxor. You can get a 24 hour bus pass for $8 so as you can see it's convenience vs monetary savings.

Sheffield, UK
Level Contributor
505 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fremont Street

The strip and downtown express (SDX) is the cheapest option. I aways use it when in town

Boston
Level Contributor
24,536 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fremont Street

If its not too late you should try to change your Hotel to a more convenient location, the Luxor is somewhat isolated on the south strip. .

Take the Bus, you can buy tickets from the driver with exact change.

If your coming back to your hotel late at night you might want to take a cab.

Some of the people that come on board are entertainment in itself.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fremont Street

I recommend the bus, also. You can sit in the top deck and get a tour of the Strip and downtown as the bus moves along. You save a lot of money over the taxi cab. Here's a link to more information.

exploringlasvegas.com/transportation/public-…

Edited: 23 March 2013, 11:36
Shelby Township...
Destination Expert
for Paradise
Level Contributor
2,401 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fremont Street

Additionally, being south on the Strip, you've got an excellent chance for an empty seat. As the bus moves north (towards Fremont) it get filled. By Planet Holleywood, the seats are filled. The bus is fun--there are a lot of people in a good frame of mind, all headed towards the same destination.

ENGLAND
Level Contributor
1,706 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fremont Street

On my first trip to Vegas in 2003 I stayed at the Luxor and got the bus down to Fremont Street.

The bus stop is not to far from the Luxor, and it drops you off right by Fremont Street.

As stated above, by getting on the bus by the Luxor, you have a very good chance of getting a top deck window seat.

A two ride taxi to Fremont Street and back will be $50 minimum.

Edited: 23 March 2013, 13:10
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fremont Street

Go after 'dusk' to see the light show. The whole place looks better at night. If like me you are a tacky tourist (hey, when in Rome...), get your free photo with a $1,000,000 at Binion's.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,813 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fremont Street

If you get yourself up to New York New York you can get the WAX bus and it's a lot quicker than the SDX. It takes the freeway and will get you there in about 10 minutes for $2 each way.

Atmore
Level Contributor
300 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fremont Street

we were just there (Fremont was our favorite part of the trip)...we stayed at the Venetian and caught the Deuce bus right across the street. We LOVED it,,,so many nice and funny people (some were lit and they were very entertaining!). Got to see a lot of places we would have missed. I think it was like $8 each for a 24 hour pass...and we used the heck out of it. Ad someone said, either take the bus back before a certian time or a taxi if you stay really late. Not safe to walk....go after dark for the light shows. Be sure to see the Pawn Shop, Rick's Restorations and find the Toy Shack at fremont. Have a great time...we want to come back, this was our first visit the first of March....

Blackburn, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fremont Street

Wow thanks to you all for the advice/tips, very useful.