We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Hotel Transportation

CT
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Topic
Airport to Hotel Transportation

Planning ahead for my August trip and thinking about transportation for McCarren to Cosmopolitan. Last year I paid for a shuttle, but was disappointed in the amount of time I had to wait at the airport and then the amount of hotels we had to stop at before getting to ours....

I've heard some good things about Presidential Limo on here and I'm considering booking transportation with them, rather than getting a cab or doing the shuttle again.

Anyone who's done this....is there a significant benefit to doing this over getting a cab? The cost is about $60 more than getting a cab both ways, but if it saves waiting and/or headaches, it may be worth it.

Opinions/advice welcome!

Yankee
Level Contributor
7,293 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to Hotel Transportation

why are you scared of cabs? The vast majority of folks that don't rent cars are taking cabs. There must be a reason for this.

CT
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to Hotel Transportation

No not at all....just looking at options.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,071 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to Hotel Transportation

Taking a limo is always fun. You can have them stop at the store to pick up supplies (water/booze). But if you are on a budget a cab will do just fine.

CT
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport to Hotel Transportation

It's my husband's first trip, so I thought it might be fun. It would also allow us to stop and pick up some bottled water, snacks, etc.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
42,859 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport to Hotel Transportation

If its his 1st trip skip the store and go to the sign for pictures instead. This way you will have the driver to take pictures with both of you in them. There is a CVS right next to Cosmo so you don't need the driver to make a stop.

BTW: You don't have to book the limo round trip. We only take it from the airport.

CT
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport to Hotel Transportation

Great information! Thanks!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,791 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport to Hotel Transportation

If I had to pay for it, I'd take a cab instead of a limo. I no longer get any kind of a thrill out of a limo, I am not looking to impress anyone, and a cab is just fine.

Carnforth, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport to Hotel Transportation

its not far. either would be good.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
5,045 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport to Hotel Transportation

CVS is not right next to the Cosmopolitan. Walgreens is definitely closer, being right across the street. Also the ABC stores in the Miracle Mile Shops are located in the Miracle Mile shops at Planet Hollywood. For snacks, bottled water, and liquor.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
11,269 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport to Hotel Transportation

If you decide to make a reservation in advance with Presidential and want something that costs a bit less, then the town car is a nice option for two people. I wouldn't book round-trip; instead, just grab a cab when you're ready to head back to the airport at the end of your stay.

Less expensive still is the walk up option. Once you land, collect your baggage, go out the doors opposite of where the cabs are, and make arrangements on the spot for a town car, or any variety of sized limos.

After many trips, for some folks it's still a nice way to arrive at ones hotel. Nothing to do with trying to impress anyone, but rather, more for comfort and not feeling as if you've gone through the mix-master that many cab drivers put you through.