We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report...two gal pals hit up the town

minnesota
Level Contributor
464 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report...two gal pals hit up the town

Love reading Trip Reports, so I thought I would attempt my own...Just got back, stayed 3/22-3/26...here are some of the highlights!

Stayed at the Wynn, was so excited to LOVE this place, but was a little disappointed in a few things. I will post a full review of the hotel, but here are a few things about my stay: Booked a double room, but they did not have one available at check-in. Nowhere in my reservation did they say that this was a request and might not be available. Found us a double the next day around 6:00 pm, just a pain to switch rooms. The rooms were beautiful and very comfy beds!

The most disappointing part was that we did not have a single good meal at any of the casual restaurants. Grabbed a quick bite at Allegro, ZoozaCrackers Deli, and the Drugstore Cafe. All mediocre at best, expected more at a property like the Wynn.

Overall, I thought this was a beautiful hotel. Loved the cleanliness, modern feel, and polite service. Next time, I think I might prefer a hotel more mid-strip, perhaps the Cosmo or Bellagio. It's great to have so many choices, I may pick a different hotel every time!

Will post more as a reply!

minnesota
Level Contributor
464 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report...two gal pals hit up the town

Nightlife:

1st night: Got in late, so just hit Parasol Up, inside the hotel. It was busy and we had a blast! Great bartenders and fun people to ring our first night in with. Grabbed a drink here almost every night before going out, but Friday night was the most lively!

2nd night: So we supposedly got on the guest list at Tao from an official looking guy in the Venetian, but probably our rookie mistake because when we got to Tao, they had never heard of that person and we were not on a guest list. The line was crazy long, so we went to the Bourbon Room in the Venetian and loved it. Played fun music that you could sing and dance to, we realized that we are probably more "bar" people than "club" people anyway, so this was just right for us. Ended the night at Lavo, danced some more, fun night overall!

3rd night: Grabbed cocktails with some fun people we had met during the day at the pool at the Chandelier Bar inside the Cosmo. Loved the looks of this hotel, beautiful! Went to Bond Bar for more drinks and dancing...the fun just kept on rolling!

Last night: Went to watch the fountains at the Bellagio, love them! Had some champagne at Hyde and continued to watch the fountains. Met some fun people here, nice bartenders. It was pretty slow this night, but would have been more fun on a busier night I'm guessing. It closed at midnight, which shocked us! What? Things close in Vegas? Didn't know that was possible! HIt up the Bourbon Room again for more singing and dancing. Had a great time, although a few creepy guys in this place, which could have been anywhere, but made us cut our night a little short.

My liver is now on vacation after all of that! Will post some final info after a quick nap! Thanks for reading!

seattle
Level Contributor
470 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report...two gal pals hit up the town

Glad to hear you had fun in the Bourbon Room. I am looking forward to visiting this place on our next trip.

seattle
Level Contributor
470 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report...two gal pals hit up the town

Glad to hear you had fun in the Bourbon Room. I am looking forward to visiting this place on our next trip.

Edited: 27 March 2013, 19:13
Minnesota
Level Contributor
331 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report...two gal pals hit up the town

Glad you had a good time. We landed this morning on the redeye@ 5:30am. I'm on hour 32 without sleep! We had a blast. Ohh and never will I fly Spirit airlines again! Man they have no leg room and the seats don't even recline. Made for a long trip back. We had a rental car but I think we put on about 20 miles anyway walking! Trip report to follow!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,492 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report...two gal pals hit up the town

Hope the "guest list" guy didn't take any of your money.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
239 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report...two gal pals hit up the town

Glad you had a good time. Hadn't heard of the Bourbon Room until I read your TR, looks like fun, I must check it out when I'm back in Novemnber.

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
641 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report...two gal pals hit up the town

Love it! I'm going to see Rock of Ages (and Def Leppard) in a couple of weeks so look forward to visiting the Bourbon Room at the Venetian again. Enjoying your trip report... also staying the first 3 nights at Wynn!

minnesota
Level Contributor
464 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report...two gal pals hit up the town

A few more things...

Luckily, no, the "guest list" guy didn't ask for money, so I don't really get why he was putting us on a list and not following through, but no big deal.

Wynn Pool

Very nice pool, got a good amount of sun until around 4:00. Not at all a "party scene", just so people know. Service was quite slow out there. This was the only place in the hotel where I felt like the staff was a little snooty.

Restaurants

So, I went with a friend who has never been to Vegas and was not so sure about spending money to eat at the nicer restaurants, so we ended up eating a lot of casual meals and snacks, which was nothing special. I have been before and been to some great restaurants, so I was a little bummed not to be able to do that this time around, but oh well!

Like I said before, ate at many of the Wynn casual restaurants, nothing special. Loved the secret pizza place at Cosmo, especially at 3 am! Had the white pizza, delish! Had a great happy hour at El Segundo in the Fashion Show Mall. Ate at BLT at Mirage, also just okay. So funny when we ordered waffle fries and it came out with 5 whole fries?!? In good ole Minneapolis, we are used to giant baskets where you can actually get full!

All in all, had such a great time! Just so much fun to be in all of the excitement with a great friend. Hope all of you TA'ers also enjoy your trips!

Crandon, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,312 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Report...two gal pals hit up the town

Enjoyed your report....sorry that your initial room at Wynn did not work out!

Romeoville, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Report...two gal pals hit up the town

Thanks for sharing. Love reading TR's...

My next trip to Vegas is in May, so need to get my Vegas fix now....