We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pool and water

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new jersey
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Topic
pool and water

Will be at the aladdin next week is there somewhere we can buy bottled water or should I bring some from home? I also read there was only 1 pool open is that correct?

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
1,836 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pool and water

You can buy water on the Strip at Walgeens or CVS-just walk up the Strip toward MGM. Also., ther is a convenience store in the Desert Passage--- I think it is called ABC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Portland
Level Contributor
1,841 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pool and water

If you have a car, there is a Safeway very close to the Strip traveling on Tropicana going east...

If not, get ready to spend a premium.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
364 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: pool and water

WhiteSoxGal is correct - the ABC store at the Desert Passage Mall connected to Aladdin sells bottled water for what you would reasonably expect to pay (I think $1 for a huge bottle was what I paid). Same day I paid $3.50 for a small one at Excalibur, but I was desperate.

Some of the souvenier shops sell the small bottles 2/$1.

Minne-snow-ta
Level Contributor
4,493 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: pool and water

I will be at Luxor in July; where would be the closest discount store to buy bottled H2O for me?

Thanks! Starz

Delaware
Level Contributor
182 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: pool and water

Go to the Walgreens. They have a no-name brand for water that's like $2 for a gallon. We bought two of them in April for a 4 night stay and just kept filling up the small bottles we brought on the plane. It saved us a ton, which I promptly lost at the BJ tables

Minne-snow-ta
Level Contributor
4,493 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: pool and water

Thanks for the info on Walgreen's bottled water!!

Los Angeles, Ca
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: pool and water

closest place to buy cheaper than $5 a bottle water near the Luxor is probably that Arco gas station between the Luxor and Excalibur.

ATTLEBORO
Level Contributor
2,005 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: pool and water

Is Safeway a grocery store, or a drug store like CVS? Now that we rented a car, I'd like to stop at a grocery store before we check into the hotel. I know there are Albertson's there...where is the best (easiest) grocery store to get to from the airport to Mirage? Thanks!

9. Re: pool and water

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 23:15