We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zion/Bryce vs valley of fire

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
65 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Zion/Bryce vs valley of fire

We want to do a day trip on our last day in Vegas, leaving on a red eye that night. Which out of these would be better? Grand Canyon looks too far. Any recommendations for tour group/guides? Am looking at Adventure photo tours.

Thank you!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
55,581 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zion/Bryce vs valley of fire

zion and Bryce would be considered too far for a day trip by most. especially Bryce. the Grand Canyon and Bryce are both a good 5 hour trip each way.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
238 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Zion/Bryce vs valley of fire

Zion is quite a drive at about 3 hours ( figure 6 hours driving, round trip, and that's before you've had any time in Zion ) and Bryce Canyon is equally as far away as the Grand Canyon at about 5 hours ( figure 10 hours driving, round trip, and again, that's without even having a stop in the park )

In one full, long day you could reasonably expect to check out Zion. In one full, very long day, Bryce. Both would be nearly impossible.

I'd recommend Valley of Fire, because it's close enough that you could be relaxed, enjoy yourselves and spend the better part of the day there, not worrying about your flight that night two states and a 3 or 5 hour drive away.

Garland, Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Zion/Bryce vs valley of fire

Check out Groupon for the Valley of Fire ATV tour.

Awesome time!!!

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zion/Bryce vs valley of fire

Death Valley National Park is another option. Its about 2-2.5 hours from Vegas.

Another nice trip close to Vegas is a raft or kayak trip below Hoover Dam thru Black Canyon to Willow Beach.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
6,692 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zion/Bryce vs valley of fire

Yes Zion is 3 hours drive from Vegas but it is quite do able as a day trip. The drive to Utah is an easy one. If you get off early you will have plenty of time to explore the park. Have dinner in Springdale before you head back.

Don't forget Utah is an hour ahead of Nevada. So you lose an hour going but get it back on your return!

Taylorville...
Level Contributor
1,165 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zion/Bryce vs valley of fire

I did the Zion & Bryce Canyon tour with Adventure Photo Tours in Dec. It was a great tour. It is a long day, but I thought very enjoyable & well worth it. True it is a long drive, but pretty & pleasant. I thought it would be better to see a little of both parks rather than not see them at all. I was in vegas again in Feb with four friends & we rented a car & drove to Valley of Fire one day & Red Rock Canyon & Spring Mountain Ranch the next day.

Next week I am returning to Vegas with a friend & we are renting a car & going to Zion & Bryce for a couple days. i sure I will see lots of places that I did not see before & of course it is a different season.There are several beautiful places near Vegas to visit if you have time. I don't think you will be disappointed with your choice.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Zion/Bryce vs valley of fire

I'm planning on driving to Zion. I drove to Rachel (which is a similarly time consuming drive) a couple of years ago and it was great Even though is not much there it was on my bucket list, as was driving a Mustang. I managed to do both in one day! The scenery in that part of the world is so different to where I'm from, plus the novelty of the convertible made it really enjoyable. I'm really looking forward to my Zion day trip this May.

Also as mentioned by earlier Quad Biking is absolutely fantastic too, and renting Waveriders on Lake Mead is loads of fun!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
65 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Zion/Bryce vs valley of fire

Thanks everyone!

9. Re: Zion/Bryce vs valley of fire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2014, 06:15