We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pawn Stars VIP Tours (Includes various stops) question

Ontario
Level Contributor
164 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Pawn Stars VIP Tours (Includes various stops) question

Saw this on lasvegas.com - anyone already been on this? If so, how was it? What is the transportation like? Is it worth $65? Don't really care about meeting anyone from the shows but wouldntt mind seeing where they are filmed plus we won't have a car. My hubby and I both enjoy the tv shows so any input would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Details OF Tour:

Many reality TV shows are based in Las Vegas and now you can see several of them in person during this tour, which visits the sites where "Tanked," "American Restoration," "Counting Cars," "Toy Shack" and "Pawn Stars" are filmed. With 30 minutes at each stop, you may even have a chance to meet the shows' stars.

Your adventure starts at the nation's largest and most unique aquarium manufacturing company, Acrylic Tank Manufacturing (ATM), home to Animal Planet's popular show "Tanked." Next you will visit the homes of some of the History Channel's top shows, starting with "Pawn Stars" spin-off "American Restoration." Hit the breaks at Count's Kustoms, home to the show "Counting Cars." And check out "Pawn Stars" toy expert Johnny Jiminez' vintage toys at The Toy Shack.

Last but definitely not least, visit the Gold and Silver Pawn Shop, home to the History Channel's No. 1 show, "Pawn Stars." Catch a glimpse (and maybe even meet) one of the stars, including Rick Harrison, Richard "Old Man" Harrison, Corey "Big Hoss" Harrison or Austin "Chumlee" Russell.

Note: Meet and greets with the stars of the shows are not guaranteed. Inside tours are dependent upon film schedules. Sunday's tour does not include Rick's Restorations.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,668 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pawn Stars VIP Tours (Includes various stops) question

For a $5 pass, you can ride the bus and get off and see the pawn shop yourself. And just like the ad says, you may or may not see the stars. We didn't see the stars when we were there, and we were both greatly unimpressed with the shop. I wouldn't pay $65 for what you describe. I'd go to a good museum like the Mob Museum instead.

Shelby Township...
Destination Expert
for Paradise
Level Contributor
2,420 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pawn Stars VIP Tours (Includes various stops) question

Has anybody posted their review of this tour on TripAdivsor? That's where you should check. It does sound like fun, though...

Boston
Level Contributor
24,559 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pawn Stars VIP Tours (Includes various stops) question

Save your money.

hellview
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pawn Stars VIP Tours (Includes various stops) question

We did this tour and loved it. The pawn shop is nothing special but ricks restoration and especially counts customs are cool as hell. Met rick and all the guys from his shop and got to meet all the counts guys. But....go to tix 4r tonite booth...they r way cheaper there. We paid around 35 per person.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Pawn Stars VIP Tours (Includes various stops) question

Despite the reviews would really like to do this tour. We don't have tix4tonight style booths in Australia so to buy a tour ticket do I buy a ticket from tix4tonight booth on the day I want to go or can I go on my first day in Vegas so I can plan my week. I am coming in July :-)

Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pawn Stars VIP Tours (Includes various stops) question

You purchase your tickets the day you are planning to go.There are a few Tix4tonite locations.Where are you staying?

Smyrna, Delaware
Level Contributor
10 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pawn Stars VIP Tours (Includes various stops) question

Hubby and I did the tour back in February. It was ok. Hubby was disappointed because Counts Kustoms is no longer part of the tour. We did not see anyone from Pawn Stars. Ric's Restoration was really cool. We met his wife Kelly and her son Bretly. We were able to meet the "General" from the Tanked show although the guys were out of town. They were in the process of moving to a new facility.

We didn't book this ahead of time-booked in on my first day in Vegas. On a side note--the tour guides were fun and quite knowledgeable about Las Vegas history-very insightfull.

San Diego
Level Contributor
5,131 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pawn Stars VIP Tours (Includes various stops) question

$65 to meet Bretly?

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Pawn Stars VIP Tours (Includes various stops) question

Sorry George C we are staying at the Flamingo Hotel :-)

Ontario
Level Contributor
164 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pawn Stars VIP Tours (Includes various stops) question

We actually took the bus as "karoleigh" suggested earlier. I forget the stop that we got off at, but if you are okay with walking, it was approx 15 minutes to walk to the location where Pawn Stars is filmed. There was no line when we went so we got to take our time in there. They were actually going to be filming later that afternoon. They explained that this takes approx 45min to do. We didn't want to hang around so we walked to Rick's Restoration from there - approx 20 minutes or so. It was cool to see. Rick's son was hanging around - they give you a tour of the shop - free. At the time of the tour they were filming otherwise you have a shot at meeting Rick. While both locations were cool to see, I am glad that we didn't go on the tour and did this ourselves.