We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indian Call Girl Spammers

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,632 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Indian Call Girl Spammers

Having seen the closed post below posted about call girls available from India, I wanted to let forum members know that TA has been attacked for weeks now by Indian spammers advertising call girls making hundreds of posts daily in various Indian Forums. Now , they are trying to divert TA's attention by also posting in random forums worldwide including those in Australia , New York and London, sometimes place hundreds of posts over a short period of time.

If we are to stop these creeps from invading and disrupting the Las Vegas Forum , we really need to report each post as spam using the pull downs as soon as we see them appear- if multiple people do it for each post they will disappear quickly as a multiple pull down report removes them automatically and the spammers will tire of it. On some forums, people respond to the posts or ask, TA to remove them by posting a complaint and they remain up for hours because that does not work.. One forum had the first 17 page of nothing but spammer posts at one time.

Please don't respond at all- just use the pull down and chose spam as the reason. Let's not let these jerks ruin our Forum. I can tell you some Forums have been completely ruined by these posters - so I want to give everyone a heads up.

Mentioned in this post
Mint Indian Bistro
££ - £££, Indian, Asian
Tamba Indian Cuisine & Lounge
££ - £££, Indian, Asian
The Buffet at Aria
££ - £££, Italian, Mexican, Chinese
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,632 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Indian Call Girl Spammers

Click on this first page of the India Forum if you want to see what could happen to this forum since at this point TA has not been prompt in removing the many spams on that Forum.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g293860-i511-India…

Edited: 07 April 2013, 19:11
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Indian Call Girl Spammers

We've got a secret weapon on this forum. Lovsu will tell them to call themsleves and they'll just end up going round in circles.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
44,581 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Indian Call Girl Spammers

But if we close these posts I will miss all the replies. Many of these are the most interesting of the day. lol

Level Contributor
744 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Indian Call Girl Spammers

lol @ Mikey..

and you are so correct ktinca

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,632 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Indian Call Girl Spammers

But unfortunately, responding in any way to the post keeps the title line that has the Indian phone number on it up even after the content has been closed- and that seems to make the spammers happy and tends to keep them posting. If the whole content disappears within minutes it tends to discourage them( much like towns fighting graffiti have learned).

I'd be in favor of the Lovsu thing though- it might keep her from annoying people here at least..

Ballyclare, United...
Level Contributor
1,958 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Indian Call Girl Spammers

WTF TA can't handle this themselves? Why are you so intersted???

mpo

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
359 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Indian Call Girl Spammers

Thanks Lulutoo, sounds like an easy way to help out on this free forum.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
359 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Indian Call Girl Spammers

Thanks Lulutoo, sounds like an easy way to help out on this free forum.

9. Re: Indian Call Girl Spammers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 April 2013, 01:05
Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Indian Call Girl Spammers

"shouldn't this post be removed since it's not in accordance with the guidelines?"

Ain't going to argue with you there Losvu. Lots of your posts are removed so you presumably know the guidelines pretty well..... :-)