We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Video Poker Scam at Belliago

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
521 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Video Poker Scam at Belliago

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that there is a woman with long dark hair and dark haired man approaching people and telling them there is a "hot" machine that they can tell you how to win on. You put your ticket in and they use your money to build up hands on a video poker machine which they later cash out on. Unfortunately my husband fell victim to these fast talkers. Belliago security is well aware of the actions of these people, but since they are not doing anything illegal they cannot stop them.

1. Re: Video Poker Scam at Belliago

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 April 2013, 03:35
Sacramento...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
3,721 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Video Poker Scam at Belliago

Another variation on this is telling someone it's a "hot machine" and asking for half the profits if you win (since they gave you the good advice). Of course if you are losing they will simply disappear.

3. Re: Video Poker Scam at Belliago

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 May 2013, 20:35
Edited: 13 May 2013, 20:35
New York, NY
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
5,716 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Video Poker Scam at Belliago

the real video poker scam at the bellagio is that (except for two $2 machines) 9/6 jacks is only available at $5 and above.

5. Re: Video Poker Scam at Belliago

Removed on: 08 April 2013, 03:35
Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
457 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Video Poker Scam at Belliago

I had a guy try this on me at the Mirage last year. After 10 minutes he realized that I wasn't going to go to the "hot" machine with him. It did put me off and I went back to were I was staying, Bellagio, for the rest of the night shortly after he decided to leave me alone.

At the time I didn't know what the scam was but it sounded off. I guess I'm mean, but if I had a hot machine I wouldn't share.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
327 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Video Poker Scam at Belliago

Where are the $2 9/6 job located ... Thx

Wheat Ridge...
Level Contributor
5,871 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Video Poker Scam at Belliago

I don't get it. Do they just randomly grab someone, claim there's a hot machine, and play it for a while with the mark's money? If they lose, they disappear. If they win, they demand half the winnings?

LSUcrazyman, check http://www.vpfree2.com

AZ
Level Contributor
3,674 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Video Poker Scam at Belliago

I have had something similar happen to me twice (same guy) at Hard Rock. It was something about an Ultimate X machine and I never did quite figure out what he wanted but I did not fall for it. I was thinking about talking with security after the last time I saw him there but did not.

usa
Level Contributor
298 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Video Poker Scam at Belliago

I had something like this happen at MGM. I was on the Lion's Share machine though and when I said I can't cash out without getting an attendant she went away. Of course I never ended up needing the attendant because I lost all my money- maybe I should have opted for a 'hot' machine.