We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Three days in Vegas

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wash DC
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Three days in Vegas

I'm going to LV for the July 4th weekend. We are planning on doing the helicopter ride to the Grand Canyon. Any good companies for flying that someone would recommend? We are staying at the Venetian.

Also, Since its July 4th - Are there any festivities that weekend that we should not miss?

Thanks!!!!

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
1,933 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Three days in Vegas

we used Maverick for helicopter to GC, they do hotel pick up and drop off. They also film the trip so you can buy the DVD. Cant help on July 4th, sorry never been that time of year. Have a fab time.

Wash DC
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Three days in Vegas

Thanks! I will look them up. How far in advance did you book the trip with them? It's only two of us.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
86 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Three days in Vegas

I can't speak to the helicopter, but July 4th is not that big of a thing in Vegas. Closer to the date, there will be listings online for fireworks, but it's pretty much just a regular day in town.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,450 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Three days in Vegas

" I'm going to LV for the July 4th weekend. We are planning on doing the helicopter ride to the Grand Canyon"

Their is NO helicopter to the Proper Grand Canyon only to the West Rim which is considered to be a tourist trap, only a small aircraft go to the proper GC and then from there you can take a tour by helo.

Edited: 08 April 2013, 15:19
Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
5,535 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Three days in Vegas

As Tom said, all helicopter trips from Vegas go to what is known as the West Rim. It is a scenic place and you will likely have a pleasant trip. However, it pales in comparison to the beauty and grandeur of the National Park which is found at the South Rim. It takes a good five hours each way to drvie there or you can take a small plane. You are there for just the weekend and may not want to invest the time to get all the way out to the South Rim, so a helicopter trip to the West Rim might be sufficient for you. Just know what you are signing up for so you are not disappointed.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
403 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Three days in Vegas

Many people that went helicopter ride has come back with vomitting.

All they did was vomit and saw other people vomit. Don't remember anything about the Grand Canyon.

Just be cautious.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
1,933 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Three days in Vegas

lorena0409 , We booked at a concierge desk whilst in Vegas, for a few days time, but it might be better to book in advance. I had never flown in a helicopter and was very nervous! I had been very sick on the light aircraft over the GC years before, the helicopter does not make you sick like the light aircraft!

Maverick offer different packages, I know the one we took was not cheap, but it was Hubbies birthday. The one we took landed half way down in the canyon and they gave us drinks and canapés, it was so quiet and peaceful. I was so pleased we did it, best couple of hours ever spent. Still have the DVD too and watch it to remind me how fab it was. Going to Vegas again in 8 weeks and cant wait.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
353 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Three days in Vegas

lorena, my family and I did the helicopter ride from Las Vegas. We drove from Las Vegas to the helicopter site just south of the South Rim. It is a long, long day and the helicopter ride is, um, not worth the money, it sucks. All you do is hover in a couple of spots in an overweight, shaking, flying rock. I went back to the Grand Canyon a couple of years later and stayed overnight for a much, much better experience. Seeing the canyon at sunup and sundown is by far the best time to see the beauty and depth.(and condors and eagles)

Wash DC
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Three days in Vegas

Thanks everyone for the tips! I look forward to seeing the GC for the first time!

10. Re: Three days in Vegas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2014, 07:16