We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook Manchester to Vegas question

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Thomas Cook Manchester to Vegas question

Travelling to Vegas from Manchester in 2 weeks. Not bothered pre booking seats together to keep costs down. Have looked on seating chart for our flight and at the moment most seats are still unreserved (apart from extra leg room and exit seats which have already been booked). Anyone offer any experience on whether or not its worth the extra cash for reserving your seats together? Or is it likely we will get them regardless on checking in? Seems like a money making scam by the airline to me!

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,950 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomas Cook Manchester to Vegas question

Whether or not it's worth it depends upon how badly you want to sit together. If you don't want to pay the extra, then my best advice would be to check in as early as you can (do they offer online check-in?). Early check in = first dibs on the availble, non-pre-booked seats.

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomas Cook Manchester to Vegas question

They do online check in. Does this allocate your seats?

3. Re: Thomas Cook Manchester to Vegas question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 April 2013, 19:41
Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomas Cook Manchester to Vegas question

Kiss my crack lovsu your a waste of life. Don't reply to my posts ever again. I don't want your advice on anything! Your a loser! Doubt you have ever been to vegas! You just sit in a chair at your computer pretending to have a life. Suck it up fatty!

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,950 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomas Cook Manchester to Vegas question

"They do online check in. Does this allocate your seats?"

Yes. Disclaimer: I don't have direct experience with Thomas Cook and perhaps they're an exception .... but the whole idea of online check-in is to get your boarding pass etc., so I can't imagine that seat allocation wouldn't be part of the process.

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomas Cook Manchester to Vegas question

Thanks for that advice. I will look into it on their website. 😀

Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,107 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomas Cook Manchester to Vegas question

Try to check in online. im having the same debate this year with BA, we got cracking seats last year at the back 2 singles but they are angled so you have loads of room & im debating paying the £70 to book them, but its £70 that could be used in Vegas!!

We have always been lucky with seats as I check in online as soon as I can which allows you to pick seats.

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomas Cook Manchester to Vegas question

I know what you mean. I always reserve those seats in 2's at rear of plane on virgin for free. They are fab aren't they, loads of space! They are already allocated on this flight else I would pay the extra for them. 😀

Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,107 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomas Cook Manchester to Vegas question

Aaaaah I dunno what to do now, im worse than you lol

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomas Cook Manchester to Vegas question

More and more airlines are now making online checkin available. At the time of booking you are allocated seats - but you are NOT guaranteed those seats unless you check in online rather than check in at the airport. The problem is that most airlines do not open online checkin until between 24 and 30 hrs before time of departure (can be more difficult for return flights if you have trouble getting online - but concierges can help with this).

You will be guaranteed seats on the plane if you dont check in online - just not the seats you initially had allocated. I spoke to a travel company about this and they have assured me that airlines HAVE to keep quite a significant number of seats available for check in at the airport (imagine a family with young children not being able to check in online and then having children scattered all over the plane). So its not as big an issue as it may first seem.

Mark it in your diary and then try and check in online following the airlines guidelines. If you are unable to do so - chances are you will still be seated together - especially if you arrive at the airport in good time.

Hope this helps