We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Im Home!! Thanks for all the advice!

Dover, Delaware
Level Contributor
92 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Im Home!! Thanks for all the advice!

I had a GREAT trip.... The Cosmopolitan was great, Mystere outstanding.. All of the suggestions were worth the three months I was on this forum daily... Now I hope I can add my two cents... DONT PLAY THREE CARD MONTE!!!! WE lost like 900 in like 3 minutes.. UGH... That was pretty much the only downside to my trip.... Thanks for all of your help!!!

Kenosha, WI
Level Contributor
12,014 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Im Home!! Thanks for all the advice!

Glad to hear you had a great trip! 3 card monte is a street thing, ain't it? Sorry to hear you got hustled by that game. I remember riding the CTA bus to and from school and watching a guy pull this on other people. Very sad.

Now, how about a trip report? :)

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
54,997 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Im Home!! Thanks for all the advice!

".. DONT PLAY THREE CARD MONTE!!!!"

The sidewalk game? Outside? Really? You lost 900....dollars??

Glad the rest of your trip was fun!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
8,557 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Im Home!! Thanks for all the advice!

Whaaat???

birm
Level Contributor
3,087 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Im Home!! Thanks for all the advice!

You played 3 card monte? Lost 900 in minutes? Truly?

Connecticut
Level Contributor
11,278 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Im Home!! Thanks for all the advice!

Were your shoes comfy? ;-)

glad you had a good trip!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,554 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Im Home!! Thanks for all the advice!

Whoo hooo!! are ya addicted yet?

Dover, Delaware
Level Contributor
92 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Im Home!! Thanks for all the advice!

Definitely did lose 900. I got hustled. But I know not to play again!!! GRRRRR... Didnt get warned about that on here...lol. Oh well. I definitely brought my comfy shoes! It was fantastic! We met a couple on the palne that live minutes away. They got married in Vegas and we even got to be in thier pics and sign the certificate. They became our hanging buddies. It was the time of my life.. Our pockets are a tad light but I had a ball!! Already planning our second trip.. I would've been lost without you all's help!!

Dover, Delaware
Level Contributor
92 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Im Home!! Thanks for all the advice!

I asked the cab driver not to take the tunnel when I got there.. And got SCOLDED!! I mean he was ranting and raving I was just sitting back there like... ummmmmmm???!?!!? Did I hit a nerve?

Manchester UK
Level Contributor
208 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Im Home!! Thanks for all the advice!

So do we need to beaware of this 3 card monte?????

Dover, Delaware
Level Contributor
92 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Im Home!! Thanks for all the advice!

INdeed!! Its all fast talking... One of the people we meet said he used to play it... Its a street game where they let you win maybe once or twice but hold the "hundreds" u supposedly won AND find a way to fast talk you into betting again. they never hand u your money back, just keep taking yours and yo u wont notice... I was told they "palm the "Ball" that your supposed to be guessing im thier hand... Sounds difficult but just stop for a sec and watch one of them in action.... BUT dont bet...