We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flamingo ?'s

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
MN
Level Contributor
203 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Flamingo ?'s

We are thinking about staying at the Flamingo 5/11 to 5/15. We will be at the pool so wondering how easy it is to get chairs in the sun? Is the pool in the sun all day? Also, what is the difference between the Fab room vs. a go room?

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
2,310 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flamingo ?'s

#1 - there are 2 pools at the Flamingo - the Party/Adult pool and the Family/kids pool. Both are very popular. To get a seat you probably would like to get to either pool early. If they open at 9 am, people start getting in line by 8:30. Of course, sometimes you'll see 1 person come in and save 3-4 seats - which they really shouldn't do - but that's just how people are.

#2 - GO room vs FAB room - I've only stayed in GO rooms and I really like them. The FAB rooms have been recently updated (you'd have to see other peoples comments) but my understanding is they have wood-like floors and they didn't update the bathrooms yet.

I LUV the Flamingo - where other's think it's a dump - but to each their own.

aurora, co
Level Contributor
4,421 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flamingo ?'s

The pool will very busy on the weekend. During the week if you want a little peace I would hang out at the family pool. Shouldn't be too many kids until school is out. You may want to scope out more shade than sun mid-May. It could easily be 90+ temperature wise. FAB rooms are uneven in quality since they only updated the room, not the bathroom. Some of the bathrooms could use some updating. I would pay for a GO room since you're arriving on a weekend night because it will be busy. During the week, not as much of a problem, you could easily switch rooms if your room is up to your standards.

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
1,935 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flamingo ?'s

I agree with the above. I have stayed in both. I would go for the GO room too. There are some videos on You Tube that might be woth looking at.

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Flamingo ?'s

Flamingo pool is the BEST on the strip!! My wife and I are going there between May 4th - 9th and plan to spend every day chillin' at the pool. That's why we stay at the Flamingo every time. PLENTY of sun pretty much wherever you sit. It may not seem like it when you first get there in the morning but be a little patient, once it rises over the neighboring hotel, you'll get plenty. Get to the pool when it first opens (or a few minutes before) to grab your spot. The pool has little alcoves all around it. We usually spend a third of our time in our chairs and two thirds sitting on the alcove step in the pool, it's perfect!

Stick with the GO room. They're very good (plus, how much time do you really plan on staying in the room?).

Boston
Level Contributor
24,409 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flamingo ?'s

" Flamingo pool is the BEST on the strip!! "

Far from the best but one of the better ones, if you dont mind staying at an older throw back of a hotel the Flam is inexpensive and has a good location.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Flamingo ?'s

My friend and I will also be staying at the Flamingo May4th-9th (first time!) So this is good to know :)

Media, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
16 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flamingo ?'s

In relation to the original question: I heard the Flamingo has a topless adult pool in addition to a kids pool and the main pools. Is this true?

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
2,310 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flamingo ?'s

@Cathleen - havent had a topless pool for a couple years.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
67 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flamingo ?'s

Flamingo was fun when we stayed last November. We're pretty simple with rooms and thought FAB would be fine for us. But ended up choosing the GO after a ton of debate - and were glad we did! My fave was the button to open the drapes. We would open it up first thing in the morning...so nice to wake up to a view without having to get out of bed.

Hallways are grungy, but the room is great :)

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
1,935 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flamingo ?'s

Some of the hallways the GO rooms are on have been updated - to a pinkish colour.