We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parcel delivered to MGM

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
713 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Parcel delivered to MGM

Hi

I usually order some shopping and then once i get the tracking reference I ask Fedex to "hold it at their location" and not deliver it to the hotel.

But I have just found that for one of my parcels I cannot change the delivery and it will now be delivered to the hotel tomorrow or Saturday.

Does anyone know if they MGM will hold it for me, we arrive Saturday night? Is this an unreasonable request from my part?

I am aware it is a big hotel and therefore not sure if they provide this service.

I am going to call the Conceirge this evening - I assume that would be the best number to call - but would like an idea of what response to expect.

Any advice appreciated

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,891 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parcel delivered to MGM

Your request is not unreasonable and is actually a common practice. There may be a fee charged by MGM.

DC/NOVA
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parcel delivered to MGM

It will probably go to the business center and they will let you know it has arrived. I did that at Bellagio and did have to pay a small fee. I think they called it a "storage fee."

London
Level Contributor
713 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parcel delivered to MGM

Thank you for your response. So do you think I need to let them know before hand that I am expecting a parcel? If there is a fee do i need to tip on top of it? I was going to tip but I was assuming there was no charge.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
4,765 posts
332 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parcel delivered to MGM

It is done all the time, many a guest receive (fedex,ups, etc...) letters/packages at their hotel. I have done it in the past and was never charged a "fee", but then again, times have changed!

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,626 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parcel delivered to MGM

Why would you assume there would be no charge? I am sure there will be.

Don't bother the concierge, contact the business center. This is where your package will be delivered and held. I would certainly tip if the package is delivered to your room, but probably not if I go to the business center and pick it up.

NC
Level Contributor
2,498 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parcel delivered to MGM

Business center charge was $10 2 years ago. I used it when we had medications shipped that we had forgotten to take w us.

Chicago
Level Contributor
339 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Parcel delivered to MGM

I had a few packages delivered to MGM a few months ago. I tipped the guy $10, and didn't get charged anything.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
11,165 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parcel delivered to MGM

From the source (MGM FAQs):

Q. Does the MGM Grand Hotel offer an on-site Business Center to assist guests with

personal and business needs?

A.

MGM Grand offers two business center locations. Our main hotel business center located off of the MGM Grand hotel lobby is open from 6:00am - 8:00pm, Monday - Friday, and 7:00am - 7:00pm, Saturday - Sunday. There is also a conference center location located on the 1st floor of the conference center open Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 5:00 pm. Both locations include the following services:

DROP OFF ITEMS

Provided for hotel guests only. Only non-valuable items will be accepted. Items not accepted include: Keys, Tickets, Jewelry and Electronics.

CELL PHONE CHARGERS

Guest can purchase a used or new cell phone charger.

FAXING

PHOTOCOPIES

RENTALS

Cellular phones, Computers, Copiers, Fax Machines, Printers, Workstations.

RETAIL

Boxes, Notepads, Pens, Scissors, Tape, etc.

NOTARY

Please call for Notary schedule.

***** SHIPPING & RECEIVING*****

Federal Express, United States Postal Service, and UPS.

Pick-up and delivery at any MGM location, guest must be present. Handling fees are assessed for each incoming and outgoing package and are based on weight of the package.

INTERNET

Internet Access: America Online also available

E-mail to MGM Guest mgmguest@lv.mgmgrand.com (Fee will apply)

High-Speed Internet Access

24-hour self-service features such as High-Speed Internet access and faxing capabilities

*** DELIVERIES

Package deliveries occur between the hours of 6:30am and 8pm. We deliver anywhere in the hotel.

Hermitage...
Level Contributor
765 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Parcel delivered to MGM

My brother and his wife took a roadtrip across the country for their honeymoon last summer with a stop in Vegas for a few days. My brother needed more contact lenses and I sent them to the Monte Carlo for him (where they were staying). He was able to pick them up upon check-in with no charge. Hope this helps.

Toledo, Ohio...
Level Contributor
1,630 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Parcel delivered to MGM

My parents sent us a wedding gift at the MGM while we were there in January...we received a message that we had a package at the business center....we had to pay $7.00 to retrieve it.