We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apple ipad store in Las Vegas

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Apple ipad store in Las Vegas

Any Brits bought an ipad in Las Vegas ? Are they cheaper than UK, and any problems with them once back homr

N Ireland-UK
Level Contributor
1,520 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apple ipad store in Las Vegas

No issues back home they work fine may be bit cheaper but not as cheap as they used to be as exchange rate is bad, I know the fashionshow mall has an apple store.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Apple ipad store in Las Vegas

Three Apple stores in Vegas - Fashion Show Mall, Forum Shops and Town Square. US iPad pricing here.

store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_ipad

Add 8.1% sales tax if buying in LV.

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,817 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apple ipad store in Las Vegas

No issues with buying in the US and using in the UK - my macbook air is from the US and apart from a slightly different keyboard (which won't be an issue with an ipad obviously) it works absolutely fine and won't cause you any trouble even if you need support from Apple once you're home. They're really not interested where you bought it. And they are a bit cheaper in the US (even if the exchange rate is not as good as it was 5 years ago) plus the sales tax is much lower. Do compare prices generally before you shop for big-ticket items though. For instance, Louise Vuitton is cheaper here.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Apple ipad store in Las Vegas

Thanks for the replies, I need to get two, so cheaper cost would be good. I worked them out to £350 with exchange rate today, hopemi'm right

Boston
Level Contributor
24,556 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Apple ipad store in Las Vegas

The one in the Forum Shops

…photobucket.com/albums/…DSC00162.jpg

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,817 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Apple ipad store in Las Vegas

I bought an iPad there last year. It was the same price in $$$ as it was in £££ so we made a good saving. The only problem I've had is that one of our pet rabbits chewed the power cable and I had to buy a replacement on Amazon and it isn't as quick to charge now, so I'll be getting a new power cable from the Apple Store when we're over this summer.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Apple ipad store in Las Vegas

Sally, if you do buy them there post the empty boxes/receipts/guarantees back to the UK in case you have any problems with them. So much less hassle than carrying them back in your luggage through the UK airport for lots of reasons ;-)

England
Level Contributor
1,844 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Apple ipad store in Las Vegas

Sally

If you buy from the FSM store, look out for the really good stall outside selling covers. We bought one 2 years ago and it is still doing it's thing - although it's a little raggedy round the edge - as am I!!

There are converter options for power supplies available in UK on Amazon, but we went for the Apple one and bought it with the iPad - more money, but oozes quality.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
993 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Apple ipad store in Las Vegas

See this discussion from last fall:

tripadvisor.com/…45022401

Basically, you'll easily save over $100, maybe more.

If you're just getting the wifi model, you're fine, it'll just work at home. If you want to get GSM though, make absolutely sure you buy a model that's compatible with your local carriers.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Apple ipad store in Las Vegas

Good advice boys and girls, I have a friend with us who is going home the day before we are, might ask her to take one of them home.

Only 15 days to go yippee