We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flamingo pool - food and drink info?

Des Moines, Iowa
9 posts
Save Topic
Flamingo pool - food and drink info?

I am a Vegas virgin heading to Las Vegas in mid-May and staying at the Flamingo. Plan to spend at least two or three days sipping cocktails poolside and was wondering about drink prices and food options at the pool? My group would like to spend the majority of the day there at least one day so we were specifically wondering about the food options because we definitely will want to eat something. And any info on drink prices would also be appreciated. If anyone with recent experience can help me that would be great.

I also wanted to say that this is my first post but this forum has been extremely helpful in planning our trip. Thanks.

Level Contributor
161 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flamingo pool - food and drink info?

The pool can be busy. Get there early for decent seating. I read somewhere that they are charging now for some spots, but that must be new since the last time I was there. Drink prices vary between $10-15 when I was there last, but that's probably gone up. They used to have bucket of beer deals if that is your thing. There are good options, but I never used them as they didn't seem appealing. They do have Carlos N Charlies, which is newish but unsure as to how it is positioned near the pool and accessibility, maybe others can chime in.

But, above all, get there early.

Level Contributor
3,087 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Flamingo pool - food and drink info?

Since you will be at The Flam simply find out the current prices once you arrive. Easy, and accurate.

The pool is sardine-like on busy days. If you have a group have you considered a cabana? At The Flam they are more like tents than nice

cabanas found at better properties, still might be a good option.

Pentwater, MI
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flamingo pool - food and drink info?

Food is readily available and can be purchased at the two snack bars, or from the CW serving your area. Selections are typical sandwiches and nacho type outdoor bar food. I think they had a pizza option but not sure if that is still available.

Drinks are expensive by most standards $8-15 depending on type etc. They do drink specials but I can't comment on the savings/quality beyond the bucket of beer option described earlier.

Flamingo is one of the liveliest, but also one of the most crowded pool areas. If you want to have a group sit together, you need to get in line really early, 8:00 or before, or pay for a reserved area or cabana. You can contact the pool area directly if you want to pay for space.

Level Contributor
2,597 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flamingo pool - food and drink info?

@borochai - everything OSU said is correct for last year. Ignore losvu's rude comments (don't know where losvu stays but he/she hates the Flamingo). We're leaving tomorrow - and plan on being at the pool on Friday morning. If anything is different, I'll post it.

Des Moines, Iowa
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Flamingo pool - food and drink info?

Thank you all for the great information on food and drinks and additional tips. We know we want to get there early to scope out a good spot and to ensure we get some lounge chairs.

Kathyak - Have a great time this weekend and please let me know how your trip goes and specifically any tips or suggestions about the flamingo.

Thanks again everyone.

Level Contributor
7,293 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flamingo pool - food and drink info?

Some the bartenders/CW would let us room charge without ID and some would not at the Flamingo pool. It is busy at the Flamingo pool. They must be doing something right! Have fun.

Enosburg Falls...
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Flamingo pool - food and drink info?

staying at the Flamingo May 7-10, Tuesday thru Friday. Is it really that busy during the week and does anyone know if there is something special going on that week that would make it so busy.

Thanks for the help

Temperance, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,283 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flamingo pool - food and drink info?

Just stayed there this past October, and yes, the pool is busy everyday. We had a hard time even finding a couple chairs together, so get there super early. The drinks we purchased ( say a Rum Runner) were $15. Pretty pricey, but I think most pools are about that price.

9. Re: Flamingo pool - food and drink info?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2014, 05:19
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor