We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excalibur airline check-in - no Smart phone or laptop

Cleveland
Level Contributor
2,464 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Excalibur airline check-in - no Smart phone or laptop

Staying at Excalibur and will need to check in for our SW flight at 8:55 AM. As the title states, I have no personal apparatus to complete the return flight check-in. Would you recommend I purchase early bird for $25.00 or use their business center?

1. Re: Excalibur airline check-in - no Smart phone or laptop

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 April 2013, 21:35
NY
Level Contributor
88 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excalibur airline check-in - no Smart phone or laptop

I think I remember seeing a computer in the lobby area for such things. You should ask. Also, they do have a concierge service.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Excalibur airline check-in - no Smart phone or laptop

Losvu, you cannot check in by phone if you're flying Southwest. Online only. And with Southwest, checking in later than 24 hours ahead of a flight can result in an undesirable boarding number which I'm guessing the OP wants to avoid.

checkitout, I would purchase EarlyBird for $12.50 just to make life easier. No need to buy it for your flight to LAS if you don't feel you need to, just for your flight home.

Edited: 25 April 2013, 13:33
Mass
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excalibur airline check-in - no Smart phone or laptop

With SW if you do not checkin at the 24 hour mark or have early bird you will be boarding last and looking for empty center single seats. Are you flying alone or with someone else? If alone and you don't mind the center...don't worry about it and just head to the airport on time. Many if not all of the hotels have some sort of internet pay access for doing boarding passes. There is a machine near the elevators at MGM, in the hall at Flamingo, Harrahs...not sure about Excal but I am willing to bet there is one. You would have to pay with your debit/credit card... forgot the charge but around $5-$8. You can ask concierge as others mentioned. I have never done that so can't speak to it. You can add EB checkin to just your return flight that would be $12.50 for each person you are buying it for. Don't know what Cleveland is like but the 2 airports I use to fly SW to LAS always have full flights. We buy the EB and forget about it. But I understand some people don't want to pay more than they have to.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
54,997 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excalibur airline check-in - no Smart phone or laptop

You can also have someone back home (or anywhere else for that matter) check in for you online, if that's an option.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
2,464 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excalibur airline check-in - no Smart phone or laptop

There are two of us and we would only purchase early bird for the flight home. It's nearly four hours so we'd like to sit together. I've never used a concierge....how do I know they'd be available to check in for me at exactly 8:55 AM?

7. Re: Excalibur airline check-in - no Smart phone or laptop

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

8. Re: Excalibur airline check-in - no Smart phone or laptop

Edited: 25 April 2013, 21:35
Connecticut
Level Contributor
11,278 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Excalibur airline check-in - no Smart phone or laptop

The Excalibur Business Center is open 24/7. They charge $5 for ten minutes of internet service, and .29 per black and white printed page.

It has been my experience with Business Centers, (although, I've never used the one at Excalibur), that the fees are waived for flight check ins.

For peace of mind purchase the Early Bird, but keep in mind that if your flight is coming up shortly, your boarding position may not be that favorable, but probably still better than waiting 24 hours before take off.

Or, wait until you get to Vegas and check out your options. By then you can speak with the Hotel's concierge, find the business center, or perhaps find a kiosk at one of the other properties where you can check in for flights.

Edited: 25 April 2013, 14:19
Cleveland
Level Contributor
2,464 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Excalibur airline check-in - no Smart phone or laptop

Thanks, btr-L8. Guess we'll use the Ex business center to check in and then use the $20.00 saved for breakfast. :)

Edited: 25 April 2013, 14:33