We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

groupon restaurant vouchers worthwhile?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
kent england
Level Contributor
522 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
groupon restaurant vouchers worthwhile?

hi, I was looking at groupon today and at the restaurant vouchers, this one was for the Paris buffet.

The voucher is for half price lunch or dinner. Is the Paris buffet worth going to , or is the reason they do the vouchers because it isnt very good?

I'm a bit in doubt about paying in advance for it, so was looking for advice.

Also, in general, do people get good deals on groupon, or are they likely to go and find they can get better offers whilst there.

Any advice is appreciated.

Colonial...
Level Contributor
639 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: groupon restaurant vouchers worthwhile?

We enjoy the

Paris buffet every time we visit....

Colonial...
Level Contributor
639 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: groupon restaurant vouchers worthwhile?

I think you will too...

Edited: 26 April 2013, 19:00
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
2,673 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: groupon restaurant vouchers worthwhile?

I use groupons a lot and there are great deals out there. As a good comparison, also check travelzoo.com or goldstar.com to see if there are any similar deals. Just be sure if you get a groupon that you follow the instructions and be sure to take the voucher(s) with you when you go. It is a very reputable company.

Kenosha, WI
Level Contributor
11,961 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: groupon restaurant vouchers worthwhile?

FWIW, here is my opinion on coupons, Groupons, etc. If they are for a place that you were going to visit anyway, then they are worthwhile. If you are going just because of the deal, then time will only tell if it will be worthwhile or not.

If a deal causes you to buy something that you weren't planning on buying anyway, then IMO it's not a deal.

5. Re: groupon restaurant vouchers worthwhile?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 April 2013, 04:06
kent england
Level Contributor
522 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: groupon restaurant vouchers worthwhile?

Thanks to all, I appreciate the feedback

SeaTac, Washington
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: groupon restaurant vouchers worthwhile?

I used two Groupons on my last trip to Vegas last year. I paid $10 for $20 worth of food and drink at Rock & Rita's Restaurant at Circus Circus. The food was similar to Famous Dave's mixed with a burger joint and I really liked it. They also had the best 16oz margaritas for $5 + bogo free. The second Groupon was for Aqua Dessert Spa (8 miles off strip. We had a rental car.) for an hour long Swedish massage and hour long detox body wrap for $89 total. The spa is small but the services were fabulous. I called before I bought the Groupons to make sure that they had appointment times available when we would be there. Worth every penny! I've been checking out Groupon for deals for my upcoming trip in June...excited!

Also, checkout ebates.com. It is a free site that tracks your purchases at participating sites (you have to log-in to ebates and select the sit you want to shop) and gives you cash back o your purchases. I believe Groupon is 3% back, I've used ebates for a year and a half ad have gotten over $200 cash back for items I was already purchasing!

Edited: 28 April 2013, 07:59
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: groupon restaurant vouchers worthwhile?

I am coming from Australia and have subscribed to Groupon Las Vegas deals, but I never seen the half price Paris one?? Wild you please share the link so I could purchase.

Chicago
Level Contributor
122 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: groupon restaurant vouchers worthwhile?

White2011,

First, if you haven't purchased the Groupon by now, it's too late. They've already sold out (since the sale started 6 days ago). Secondly, Groupon is very reputable and an excellent way to get discounts...my wife and I use it all the time. However, when it comes to dining certificates, I strongly recommend using Restaurant.com. You can search different zip codes across the US and find restaurants within a certain proximity. Additionally, they frequently have a discount code which drops the sale price by 30-60% off (for example: $25 certificate sells for $10 but after the 60% off code, the certificate costs you $4). The trick is knowing how to find that discount code. Use dealigg.com and search "restaurant.com" and it will find the latest posting. Click on the posting and they will list the discount codes, even the ones that have expired. Since you can purchase certificates and print them on the same day of purchase, wait until restaurant.com puts out a 60% off discount code. Another recommendation I have is to look into kshp.com. Read how it works. The original RSS started in Chicago in 1981 and I've used them without problems. If you look at my forum post Sept. 23, 2012 regarding the best Las Vegas deals, you'll see many of my tricks for making a Vegas trip less expensive. Hopefully that helps. Take care and God bless!

><> SavnOne <><

kent england
Level Contributor
522 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: groupon restaurant vouchers worthwhile?

Many thanks