We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NY or Las Vegas?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
244 reviews
Save Topic
NY or Las Vegas?

Ahhhh I want to get back to Vegas. I also want to visit NY too. I should probably go to NY as I've never been and have always wanted to.

What would you do?

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
50,669 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NY or Las Vegas?

Go to both.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: NY or Las Vegas?

As you may realize, asking about Vegas vs anyplace else on a forum such as this can be something of a futile exercise!

But if you've never been to NYC and have the opportunity to do so, I suggest you book to go there in a heartbeat. It's a place that everybody should experience if they get the chance. Vegas is the ideal adult fantasy world but New York (along with Tokyo) is the great metropolis of the real world.... :-)

Edited: 28 April 2013, 17:37
Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NY or Las Vegas?

Hi

We are like you. Have been visiting the USA every year since 2000 but never got around to New York. This year it lost out again to New Orleans, maybe one year,lol. It is quite expensive to go to but if you can justify the money go. There is so much to see on the whole continent.

Clive

PS should have added all the cities we visit are on top of Las Vegas every time.

Edited: 28 April 2013, 17:41
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NY or Las Vegas?

Vegas lol

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
459 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NY or Las Vegas?

I have been to both...so completely different vacations! Since you have already been to Vegas...search NYC forum, things to do etc It is a dynamic, awesome City not to be missed!

Level Contributor
236 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: NY or Las Vegas?

Without been cheeky can I ask your budget?

I just ask because me and the wife got a good bargain on a dual trip 4/4 on Vegas and New York, and it worked out minutely more than 1 week in NYC and that's with all flights included and staying in PH and the Waldord Astoria in NYC

Bridgend, United...
Level Contributor
452 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: NY or Las Vegas?

I love both places so do both

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
696 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: NY or Las Vegas?

I say both too, I did this last year with Texas added on at the end aswell. Booked flights with united, they were reasonably priced.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,107 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: NY or Las Vegas?

Im in the same position for next year!! For 4 nights new york from here you can get 10 nights in Vegas for not much more thats my problem lol

Im trying to work out if doing the 2 is poss but its coming up very dear :(

Boston
Level Contributor
24,409 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: NY or Las Vegas?

I do NY every 3 to 4 months, whatever is in LV aside from gambling NYC has 100 times what LV has.

New Y City hotels are more expense overall but not food wise, you can eat reasonable or high end, getting around NY is cheap if you use the Subway system and cabs are also inexpensive. We will be in NY for Memorial Day weekend along with my Daughter and Son.

I dont believe you will experience any city in America like NYC.

…photobucket.com/user/TheDiceman7/library/…