We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planet Hollywood rebooking and refund questions

Graz, Austria
Level Contributor
551 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Planet Hollywood rebooking and refund questions

This may be a bit long winded, but there's a question or two here honestly!

Made 2 bookings at PH, both prior to the resort fee. First booking for 4 nights, second booking for just one night after we decided to stay for 5 nights in total.

Have been watching rates to see if they come down, and they have done but when you take the resort fee into account I've still had a better deal.

A couple of weeks ago finally spotted my one night booking come down to a lower rate, even including the resort fee. Rang to have them change the rate, which they did, they said I now had to pay the resort fee on that booking - which is fine as it's still lower overall. As this was a one night booking I'd paid in full. She said that I'd get a refund of the difference on check out. I said that wouldn't my two bookings be linked at check in and so couldn't the difference just be then credited to my other 4 night stay. She said no as they were two separate bookings they wouldn't do this. Oh well.

So ok, maybe not a problem as I'm sure we'll charge things to the room anyway so maybe we can get the extra that I've paid taken off that way, by crediting it to the room so to speak. First question is really, has anyone done this before, rang to get a 1 night booking rate adjusted and then had a problem getting a refund of the difference on check out, or had a problem getting it taken off the room bill if you've charged things to the room. I'm slightly dubious now, as my new confirmation obviously has the lower rate on, so maybe they'll think that they don't owe us anything. I'm gonna take my original confirmation and my new confirmation to prove that we paid the higher rate first. But then again how will the check out staff know that we haven't already had a refund (which we haven't). The difference is around $40, so it's not much, but we are owed it!

Second part of the saga: over the weekend I spotted that our 4 night booking has also come down in price, it now works out the same price per night including the resort fee. Rang again to amend the rate, as I figured for no extra $ we now get the resort fee included so it was worth doing. This time the lady that dealt with me said that we don't have to pay the resort fee, bonus, now saved $80, but that we had to pay the balance of the reservation now as it was a package deal offer (it is still cancellable though I checked). No problem, and she just charged it to the Amex on file.

However after double checking the email confirmation that she sent it appears that she has now requested a smoking room, my original confirmation clearly states a non smoking room. My husband will not stay in a smoking room at all, this isn't a big problem though I will just call and have them amend it.

My next question is regarding rates again, when I was double checking all of this I noticed that the rates have dropped again, I'd now save around another $25 on those 4 nights. I'm happy enough to ask them to adjust the rate again when I call about the smoking room, but now because I've prepaid for all 4 nights I'll be in the position where I need a refund again. I'm sure that she'll probably tell me I'll get the difference back on check out. I'm still dubious as to how the check out know that we will need a refund of the difference?

So I guess in a nutshell I'm asking if anyone has made an initial booking at a higher rate, amended that booking to a lower rate, and then very easily obtained a refund of the difference at check out?

Thanks for any help

europe-chick

Special Offer
Las Vegas to Grand Canyon Helicopter...
6,622 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam from Las...
5,110 Reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
403 Reviews
from US$529.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter and...
914 Reviews
from US$598.99*
US$650.00
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,239 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Planet Hollywood rebooking and refund questions

They'll know to refund the difference because your account will show a positive balance at checkout (assuming you don't charge anything to the room of course). To be sure, I'd hang on to all your confirmations and add up the total you have already paid. That way you'll know what you're owed at checkout.

Graz, Austria
Level Contributor
551 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planet Hollywood rebooking and refund questions

thanks PhillyWill. I do plan to take all the confirmations print outs with me, and I'm going to figure out beforehand what we would be owed, like you say assuming we don't charge anything to the room. We will charge some items to the room though so I'll just need to check the bill carefully I guess to ensure that what we're owed has been credited to the account. Thanks again for your response.

europe-chick

3. Re: Planet Hollywood rebooking and refund questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2014, 06:16