We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights from the UK-thoughts?

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Topic
Flights from the UK-thoughts?

Hi everyone, I am about to book flights from London to Vegas for next April (Easter Hols). British Airways have just announced their prices -currently £463 each way.

I was just wondering what other people may have paid- especially if you traveled this Easter, as I don`t know whether to book now or wait? Virgin only have their outbound flights announced at the moment and they are over £1000!!

Any advice, as ever would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,547 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,005 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
385 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Luxury...
347 reviews
from US$299.99*
US$399.00
East Sussex
Level Contributor
365 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights from the UK-thoughts?

Honestly I think it is a tad too early to book. We have just booked our fourth trip from uk... our prices were as follows:

Nov 2011 (over thnaksgiving)- 9 nights @ Harrahs WITH direct Virgin flight- £650pp (via Ebookers booked 5 months advance)

May 2012- 7 nights (over memorial day weekend) @ Flamigo WITH direct Virgin flight- £750pp (via Ebookers 4 weeks in advance)

Sept 2012- 11 nights- flight only US airway indirect £551 pp- booked 2.5 months in advance

Oct 2013- 11 nights- flight only Virgin direct £650pp

I hope this helps!! :)

East Sussex
Level Contributor
365 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights from the UK-thoughts?

just to add... we booked our upcoming October trip a month or so ago... 6 months in advance from travel date:)

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights from the UK-thoughts?

Thanks, thats really interesting, were those prices return or each way?

Ta

East Sussex
Level Contributor
365 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights from the UK-thoughts?

all returns and including hotels were noted. As you can see the prices have increased somewhat. we normally start looking about 8/9 months before we want to travel... both flight only and package. Kayak is great for getting a feel on the flight prices...once we know good dates from there we start to look into packages for those dates... then compare to booking separately.

To get a feel on hotel prices travel supermarket is quite good.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights from the UK-thoughts?

fab, cheers! Going to be expensive for a family of 5! :(

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
894 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights from the UK-thoughts?

£463 is a bargain,book it now

bristol
Level Contributor
171 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flights from the UK-thoughts?

I think they meant £463 one way

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
894 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Flights from the UK-thoughts?

ahhhhhhhh

Well in that case,Its way too much,dont book it :D

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,699 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flights from the UK-thoughts?

Flights for April 2014 will only have recently gone on sale and in my experience this is when prices can be high as your desire to buy is greater than the airlines need to sell but you are travelling at a peak time so prices may not come down by much if at all.

You are also paying a premium for flying non stop and could save money with indirect flights although it will take longer.

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flights from the UK-thoughts?

Hi

I usually fly with BA and have found that the prices change like the wind. You need to look practically daily to find a low. It does happen though, there can be a huge drop, but maybe for only 24 hours, then it's gone again. Flying between Tues- Thur will also bring the flight price down a lot. If you must fly on the weekends they will make you pay for it.

Clive