We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Vegas Resort Fees

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Las Vegas Resort Fees

Hello Everyone,

My partner and I are going to Vegas in August and have found some hotel deals in Vegal which "appear" to be quite reasonable. I then ready the VERY small print and learn of something called Resort Fees.

We are considering staying at the Flamingo Hotel and what I can gather, we HAVE to pay $18 per night for a resort fee as well as $15 for a refrigerator fee as well at $100 per night deposit.

Me being British, I ahve been largely sheltered from this sort of this as I (quite wrongly) assumed that hotels give you a price, you pay the price, you stay the nights....this simplicity of doing business seems evidently lost in Vegas which seems to be a real shame as I feel almost cheated before I even get there.

Is this fairly typical of Vegas hotels as all we want to do is come to vegas, enjoy the strip and the sights and relax by the pool....not too much to ask but it appears that we will be charge fee after fee after fee in order to stay there.

My confidence in this vacation has been shaken to the point that I am expecting to pay a bed surcharge...now Im just being melodramatic now but I would really like some help in this area.

Thank you

scotland
Level Contributor
287 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Las Vegas Resort Fees

I think there are many threads on this very same issue with a list of hotels which both do and don't charge resort fees.

I can't remember them off the top of my head but the search function will give you what you need. It may also be in the frequently asked questions menu too.

We are staying at Mandalay which has a resort fee, it's just one of those things that is unique to vegas.

If you don't want to pay the fee there are hotels which don't charge. It all just depends on preference of hotel.

Urbandale, Iowa
Level Contributor
2,172 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Las Vegas Resort Fees

Well then taxes and tipping are really going to throw you for a loop. Why do you "have to" pay $15.00/day for a refrigerator?

B

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Las Vegas Resort Fees

Use a credit card for your incidentals deposit. It will take the form of a hold on your card that will be lifted after you check out and won't appear on any billing.

If you need a refrigerator for medications then any fee will usually be waived. I get by just fine without one in my room - a sink filled with ice chills drinks for free if required.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Las Vegas Resort Fees

Not sure why we have to...i would opt to unplug the thing but I dont suppose that would fix the problem haha

just the website said that a $15 refrigerator fee will apply...completely alien to me

Horseheads, New York
Level Contributor
470 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Las Vegas Resort Fees

The resort fee is an unfortunate fact of life on the strip. Basically just add $18.00 per night to whatever price you are being quoted. The Flamingo web site should have section that explains the resort fee and what is provided for your $18.00/night.

The deposit is just than a deposit, it covers any expenses that may be charged to your room. You may be able to have this waived at a CET property by telling the person at check in that you will not be charging to your room.

Did you request a refrigerator for your room? I'm staying at a CET property in August, if they try to charge me $15 for a refrigerator there may be a scene.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
4,607 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Las Vegas Resort Fees

I'd guess the fridge is optional. Tell them u don't want one. I suspect the 15 dollar fridge fine print is if you request to have one

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Las Vegas Resort Fees

"it's just one of those things that is unique to vegas"

Actually it's not. Resort fees were around in Florida and Hawaii amongst other places some time before they started to appear in LV.

scotland
Level Contributor
287 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Las Vegas Resort Fees

I stand corrected.

First time I'm encountered it when searching for holidays in the US.

Yankee
Level Contributor
7,293 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Las Vegas Resort Fees

Yeah, but you don't have to bring your own towel to the pool.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,663 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Las Vegas Resort Fees

"Is this fairly typical of Vegas hotels as all we want to do is come to vegas,"

Actually no. Most hotels in Las Vegas are nicer than Flamingo and have larger daily resort fees.