We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bellagio

louisemcbridechris
Level Contributor
188 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Bellagio

Is it worth paying the extra for a fountain view room In people's opinions who have experienced?

Difference of about £250 for a 6 night stay

Bearing in mind it'll be our wedding/honeymoon but we are going other destinations so while money won't be unlimited we can afford the splurge if its amazing

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Bellagio

How much time will you spend in your room staring out at the fountains?? If it's to say you did it, do it for one night and get a standard room on the others. Ask nicely while checking in and mention it's your Honeymoon and you might get upgraded.

Cottage Grove...
Level Contributor
2,679 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bellagio

We had a fountain view room last September and loved it. I really think it is worth it - just once. Just my opinion. But I like ImADealer's idea - although I would do 4 nights in a regular room, and the last 2 in a fountain view.

Pueblo, Colorado
Level Contributor
487 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bellagio

We had a fountain view room and struggled to be in the room for the show ..in 5 nites..we were only in the room 1 time for the show..there is just too much to do and the timing just wasn't right. That being said the room was great and the show was wonderful..just not sure worth the xtra$

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
42,867 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bellagio

I might get flamed here. But if you can afford to splurge why aren't you staying at a better hotel?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
129 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bellagio

Yes. Yes. Absolutely Yes. Stayed in Lakeview Deluxe room in 2011 and it was fantastic. Just to wake up and open the (automated) curtains to see the splendid view was superb! Especially for your honeymoon you will love it.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
227 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bellagio

I'm with the other poster..

Spend the money on a terrace room at Cosmopolitan next door.

The only thing impressive at Bellagio, is its fountains.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
11,269 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bellagio

The rooms at Bellagio are very nice to us commoners who have actually spent time in one of the guest rooms since 1996, (they still don't have seven TVs though), and if it's your first time then sure, go for the fountain view. IIRC, you aren't going until June 2014. Maybe wait a while and a decent promo code will be available, and the up-charge for LV won't be as pricey.

Another option is to split your stay. Spend a couple of night at the B, where you will receive great service, and then finish off your visit roasting on that Cosmo Terrace in the middle of June. ;)

louisemcbridechris
Level Contributor
188 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bellagio

Any suggestions on different places then?

Have Always imagined a bellagio stay due to it bring classic vegas however totally open to suggestion

Our budget is approximately £1000 per 5 day stay

Had considered splitting time but were going to San Diego, La, Carmel, San Fran and Miami all this trip so would like to be settled in each location

Thanks

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,026 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bellagio

We've stayed in both a non-fountain and a fountain view room. The furnishings in both rooms were exactly the same. The rooms are nice, but not spectacular. While in the fountain view room, we didn't actually get the chance to see very many "shows" from our window. Either we weren't in the room, or we just weren't paying attention. It is pretty to see the lights of the other properties along the strip, however. If you want a nice room to celebrate your honeymoon, with the added benefit of the fountain view, perhaps a Cyprus Suite or Salone Suite with a fountain view would be nice. Bellagio is a lovely hotel but be warned that it is also one of the more popular tourist destinations with many, many non-guests milling around the property. Congratulations on your wedding/honeymoon.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
11,269 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bellagio

louise, Will this be your first time staying in a hotel in Las Vegas?