We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for girls weekend--HELP!

1 post
Save Topic
Recommendations for girls weekend--HELP!

Hi. Some gal pals and I are headed to Las Vegas for a weekend in June to celebrate my 40th birthday. None of us have ever been to Vegas. We are overwhelmed by where to stay, what to do, etc. We have a sense that it would be best to stay in the middle of the strip as I don't think we will have a car. We also don't want to break the bank but can afford a decent place. We have heard suggestions of the following: MGM, Flamingo, Aria, Bellagio, Venetian, to name a few. I know it will be loud but it would be nice to be able to get some sleep while we are there. What do you recommend? We would like for it to have a nice pool. We are also interested in seeing Blue Man Group or some other show. Suggestions of where to go for that? Lastly, my friend is interested in touring Hoover Dam. It looked like Pink Jeep company got good reviews. Other suggestions for Vegas "must see" items in a short amount of time? We like to have a good time but aren't huge partiers or gamblers. Thank you for your help!!!

Detours of Nevada
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
AandEtours
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Sightseeing Tours Unlimited
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, Air Tours
Eddie Powers - The Best Elvis in Vegas
Sightseeing Tours, Literary, Art & Music Tours, Private Tours
Fredericksburg...
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations for girls weekend--HELP!

If I was going for a girls trip I would choose Bellagio Cosmopolitan or Venetian/Palazzo. Flamingo is not nearly as good updated rooms have no bathroom privacy. Live like a princess and splurge a little. Wynn would also be good but you would be on the far north end.

San Leandro...
Level Contributor
1,662 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations for girls weekend--HELP!

Go for Mirage..... rooms are reasonable, has a great pool, go to see LOVE, and its mid strip.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,639 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations for girls weekend--HELP!

Please break your question down into a number of posts, that way you will get more answers, no one wants to write a book for just one post.

MGM, Not Mid Strip.

Flamingo, Crap of a hotel.

Aria, Decent, Mid Strip

Bellagio and Venetian, Both beautiful hotels with the Bellagio having the better pool grounds, Mid Strip.

Mirage, Mid Strip, nice Hotel

Caesars, beautiful Hotel Mid Strip, Best pool grounds in LV, Forum tower rooms on Up if you book.

Cosmo Mid Strip, modern and new, decent pool grounds, mixed crowd leaning younger.

…photobucket.com/user/…

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
58,890 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendations for girls weekend--HELP!

It might be worth renting a car for a day to visit Hoover Dam versus everyone paying for the tour with a company. Most (maybe all?) hotels have car rental desks on premises.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommendations for girls weekend--HELP!

Another vote for Mirage for your group, great pool, reasonable price, nice rooms, pretty central location

buffalo,new york
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommendations for girls weekend--HELP!

I agree with dice, you have to be more specific with so many Las Vegas hotels

We need a break down on how much per night your budget is for rooms, meals, pool parties, clubs, etc. Vegas can be very pricey and also girls can have fun on a budget too, check out jackcolton.com for club info and as far as hotels it all depends on your budget. Flamingo has a awesome pool but very crowded and as dice said not as nice as aria, Cosmo, Venetian, mirage so a budget break down is nessessary.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
804 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommendations for girls weekend--HELP!

I'd go with Venetian/Palazzo. Lots of shopping, diverse restaurant choices, and activities. Also close to Fashion Show Mall for more shopping! Can't give advice about a dam tour as we rented a car and drive there. It was okay but I enjoyed hiking Red Rock Canyon more than the dam tour. Regardless of where you stay you will have a great time. Vegas is so fun especially with a group of women who enjoy spending time together. For a show maybe Rock of Ages? It is at Venetian.

Ayrshire, Scotland
Level Contributor
527 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommendations for girls weekend--HELP!

If you dont want to break the bank then I would probably go for The Mirage as well. Thats were I am staying in October and have stayed there before and we are in a similar age group. The pool is one of the better ones although like most of the nice pools it does get quite busy. I am not a fan of The Bellagio - great location but its a bit stuffy and older styled than I like. I wouldnt stay in the Cosmo either as the times I have visited the crowd tend to be younger than 40ish and its quite noisy. If you can afford to go a bit higher end than The Mirage then I would definitely be happy (delighted) to stay at The Aria (not stayed there yet - its lovely and new and in the middle of the strip) and I tend to spend quite a bit of time around The Ventian so would go for that if I could afford it. I have only stayed there once but it was great. MIrage I think would tick all your boxes and stay within your budget letting you spend your cash enjoying Vegas.

Get your hotel sorted out and then make another couple of posts asking some specific questions about what to do once you are there.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
181 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommendations for girls weekend--HELP!

Having seen both Hoover Dam and Red Rock canyon, I would highly recommend renting a car for one day and doing both. Paying for a tour is not worth the money. You will be bored to tears after more than an hour or two at the damn. The damn is one place you should see once in your life but Red Rock is a place I would go back too. It is breathtaking! Have fun :)

Edited: 10 May 2013, 15:19
Columbia, SC
Level Contributor
288 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Recommendations for girls weekend--HELP!

I agree with everyone about renting a car for a day and driving to Hoover Dam and also Red Rock Canyon! Both very worthwhile adventures and splitting the cost of the car rental will be much cheaper than paying for individual tours. My favorite hotel on the strip is the Aria! I loved everything about it: pool area, beds, bathrooms, location, fitness center, & the smell! I would highly recommend staying there!