We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Room suite at Mandaly Bay?

Oregon
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Great Room suite at Mandaly Bay?

Anyone with experiece staying in this room? Gave up a regular room comp at Aria to go for this. Hope I will be happy. Thanks.

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,565 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,032 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
570 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
388 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Oregon
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great Room suite at Mandaly Bay?

Oh how hate to mispell, oops! Mandalay Bay! Should have just put MB. LOL!

chicago
Level Contributor
250 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great Room suite at Mandaly Bay?

We stayed in one of these rooms and were underwhelmed. Great bathroom with large tub and shower but the rest of the layout was somewhat strange. There is a large square "sofa" ie.playpen in the middle of the room which is pretty impractical. The bed if I recall was against a large window which restricted the view somewhat. Can't verify all rooms are the same but I would prefer a standard room at The Hotel if I was choosing.

Oregon
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great Room suite at Mandaly Bay?

soxfan, thanks for the input. We did have a nice room at THe Hotel last time we stayed there but they were all booked and this is the best I could get. Have heard others mention that impractical sofa. Hope I am not disappointed but as in all things in Vegas am feeling it's a bit of a crap shoot. Thanks again.

HBC
Level Contributor
221 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great Room suite at Mandaly Bay?

i have stayed at MB 3 times with my forth coming up labor day. Stayed in Great Room twice, its pretty much your standard room with large soaking tub, nothing fancy. We prefer to stay in the suites @ MB. Personally i would pick Aria Standard room over MB Great Room for a couple different reasons. 1- Newer Resort (MB is showing its wear in their rooms, even the suites) 2-Newer Technology in their rooms. 3-Aria is more center strip with more things you can walk to without being exhasted.

That is just my opinion though - Hope it Helps :)

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
1,265 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Great Room suite at Mandaly Bay?

When we stayed in a great suite, the first room they gave us overlooked the air conditioning vents. We asked if we could change rooms and they gave us a suite with a fantastic strip view, however it was obscured by a huge bedstead. I can't understand why they don't turn the bed round so you have a great view from the bed! I felt as though the room was furnished with furniture they did not know what to do with so they just dumped it in the great suite rooms. There was a huge mirror propped up leaning against a wall and the drawers were odd too.

I think they have better rooms in MB.

I would have stuck with Aria, can you change back

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
290 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Great Room suite at Mandaly Bay?

Wow..Big Mistake. Mandalay Bay needs a remodel bad. Aria is new, amazing, and centrally located.

Oregon
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Great Room suite at Mandaly Bay?

We have stayed at Aria three times in the past and know it is nice. Sounds like I will adjust my expectations for the Great room because they were too booked to put us at THE Hotel like last time. We like the overall feel of the MB and will be located at Ceasars afterward so the location does not bother us. Thanks everyone for your comments!

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
1,265 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Great Room suite at Mandaly Bay?

I am sure you will enjoy your stay at MB we like the hotel too, just the furniture was arranged in a bizarre way in the suite.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
3,721 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Great Room suite at Mandaly Bay?

The GR suites at Mandalay Bay are well worth their money, IMO. Mandalay Bay and Aria are going to offer fairly different atmospheres; it's going to be totally your preference which you prefer. I personally enjoyed their weird sofa-chair-playpen-whatever thing. The bathrooms are huge and you definitely won't feel claustrophobic.

If it's a GR suite at Mandalay versus a regular room at Aria, for me, the GR would win every time, without a doubt.

Edited: 12 May 2013, 06:53
Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Great Room suite at Mandaly Bay?

we have 3 males staying in this type of room do you think this will be suitable.