We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving at 8PM for check in

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Level Contributor
1,942 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Arriving at 8PM for check in

What has been your experience with checking in at 8PM ? I think this will be my first time checking in at this time and am wondering if this makes any difference in your opinion or experience? Arriving to the Orleans and checking in on a Sunday night 8PM or so.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving at 8PM for check in

I don't think I have ever encountered a line at check in at the Orleans. I think you should be fine.

2. Re: Arriving at 8PM for check in

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 May 2013, 14:35
Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
4,529 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Arriving at 8PM for check in

Most of my trips are an evening check in cuz I usually fly out around supper time. I've had a few late morning, early afternoon, and late night check ins, but most are around the 7-9pm range. I haven't noticed anything worse about them line or upgrade speaking. Check in lines seem to be hit and miss any time of the day...sometimes get lucky and have none. Sometimes not so lucky. I think the late morning, early afternoon lines are some of the worst I've seen. Have never stayed at Orleans, though so can't speak directly to that property.

Edited: 13 May 2013, 14:35
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
50,761 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arriving at 8PM for check in

Las Vegas is a 24-hour city. People check in early in the morning, (some hotels charge for this) and all day long and into the late hours of the night and well into the wee hours of the next day.

So an 8:00 arrival is kind of the same as a 5:00 arrival, or a midnight arrival. Shouldn't be any particular issue involved.

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,942 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arriving at 8PM for check in

I was just wondering if there was a difference in what type of room you would get . Is likley I will get what I asked for since we come in later?

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
50,761 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arriving at 8PM for check in

Later than what? The answer hasn't really changed since May. 800 at night is not late.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Arriving at 8PM for check in

IrishFan is correct. Lots of people will be checking in considerably later than 8pm.

No two days are the same in terms of what rooms will be available at any given time so nobody can predict how things will be for you. In the unlikely event of you being unhappy with the room you're allocated for whatever reason, just ask to be moved to something more to your liking the following day. Not even worth giving any thought to until you arrive at the hotel.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Arriving at 8PM for check in

In December I checked in at Planet Hollywood about 11:30 pm. No line!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Arriving at 8PM for check in

Room requests are just that. A request for a certain type of room (smoking, non smoking, king 2 queens). If they have it, you'll get it. If not available, you'll get the closest thing to it. Whether you arrive at 11:00 am or 11:00 pm.

Crandon, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,116 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Arriving at 8PM for check in

I would guess that coming in on Sunday will be much better than a Saturday check in as far as getting your request. Seems the Orleans has lots of tournaments, etc that go over a weekend, and most of those people would be leaving on Sunday.