We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When is Southwest summer sale?

East Aurora, NY...
Level Contributor
532 posts
Save Topic
When is Southwest summer sale?

We were hoping to plan a trip to Las Vegas in September. Anyone know when SW usually has their sale?

Watch Hill, Rhode...
Level Contributor
11,258 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When is Southwest summer sale?

June 18th is their anniversary date. Look for a sale around that time. In the past it has been on the exact date, later in June, and last year it was earlier. If I see it, then I will post it.

Just checked my records. Last year I booked on 6/9, and the year before it was 6/22. Both during the Ann. Sale.

Edited: 17 May 2013, 20:55
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
5,803 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When is Southwest summer sale?

It also seems Southwest fares are higher on Fridays, not sure if it is just me though, seems like prices are lower on Tuesday thru Thursday

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
42,196 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When is Southwest summer sale?

John: That's because Southwest has weekly sales from Tues-Thurs. But these are only for select routes, and the prices aren't always that good.

The Anniversary Sale is one of two system-wide sales that includes almost all flights. It is not announced in advance, and is usually for 48 hours. But many flights book up long before the 48 hours. For most routse these will be the lowest prices of the year.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
5,803 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When is Southwest summer sale?

oh KT for the info

Florida
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When is Southwest summer sale?

Usually I manage somehow to catch it: Just in case I don't and anyone sees it. Would you P.M. me to let me know it's on. I've done really well with this sale every year. Thanks in advance. I do have the ding installed but somehow it does not always come up.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
5,803 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: When is Southwest summer sale?

Meant to say thanks KT sorry hit send too soon

Edited: 17 May 2013, 21:35
Watch Hill, Rhode...
Level Contributor
11,258 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: When is Southwest summer sale?

John, Lately there has been no rhyme nor reason with SWA sales.

They have not had the 'second' site wide elusive sale since 2009, yet that keeps coming up in Southwest conversations. I often find my best rates on Saturdays and Sundays.

Last year I booked on the 9th of June when I noticed that flights were significantly cheaper. The email that I received announcing the Fall Super Travel Sale came on 6/12. Flights were $49 (0-500 miles) $99 (501-1300 miles) and $139 (1301+ miles) and the sale was good for 72 hours, good for non-stops, through 11/14, and for select markets. (In 2011, flights were $40, $80, and $120 plus fees)

As mentioned, there are limits to the number of wanna get away fares, and when those are sold, you're out of luck. AND, many people who have booked flights at higher rates, will likely be changing to the lower price during the sale. During the sale the website gets overloaded. Take a patience pill. ;)

Watch Hill, Rhode...
Level Contributor
11,258 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: When is Southwest summer sale?

JJ, It will be an honor and a privilege. ;-)

Florida
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: When is Southwest summer sale?

Thanks GF: Miss You:

East Aurora, NY...
Level Contributor
532 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: When is Southwest summer sale?

I will start watching for it at the beginning of June then. Thanks for the information.