We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scale of 1-10 how excited are you when planning your trip?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Scale of 1-10 how excited are you when planning your trip?

For some reason I find planning Vegas trips much more exciting than trips to other cities. I'm not 100% sure why but it excites the heck out of me. Maybe because of all the choices and the opportunity to stay in world class amazing hotels at a fraction of a price that they would cost in other cities (i.e., a Best Western in Manhattan would cost me over $100 more per night than the Wynn does for the weeknight dates I've booked).

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
4,765 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scale of 1-10 how excited are you when planning your trip?

TEN (10) ................ 100% excitement and enjoyment planning a trip to Las Vegas! (all other non Las Vegas vacations/ trips probably rate an 8 or 9!)

TX
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Scale of 1-10 how excited are you when planning your trip?

25.....we are down to 49 days. Most excited now then ever!!!!

Omaha, Nebraska
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
8,162 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scale of 1-10 how excited are you when planning your trip?

OMG SO excited., both for June as well as as Oct trip!!! The anticipation is as good as the trip!!

Omaha, Nebraska
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
8,162 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scale of 1-10 how excited are you when planning your trip?

Well almost.....

Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
344 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scale of 1-10 how excited are you when planning your trip?

11! The planning and the anticipation is always the best part (well almost, like kbunde said...), even if you only get to do 50% of what you planned for (those evil cocktails)!

Been to Vegas 30+ times and it still excites the bazooka out of me every time I plan for my next trip!

Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
6,608 posts
335 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Scale of 1-10 how excited are you when planning your trip?

A 10+ for me. In one week, I will be on the plane heading to LV, so the excitement is really building now!!

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,367 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Scale of 1-10 how excited are you when planning your trip?

Not the trip itself. But if I find an event, a new show, maybe even an M&G, it gives me something to focus on and this will create excitement.

Some things we plan well in advance and build a trip around, these create excitement. We planned to see our 1st ACM Awards show a year in advance, even becoming members of the Academy.

There is always something new to experience in Las Vegas, even for people like us that have been so often. That's what keeps it exciting.

Oregon
Level Contributor
2,603 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Scale of 1-10 how excited are you when planning your trip?

I find trip planning for any trip a big part of the overall experience and I love the planning and anticipation. Vegas does have an added element of excitement because you never know if a jackpot win may be part of the experience! Vegas also changes quicker than any place I know of and there is always something new to check out and there is still the on-going list of get to things that we have not even covered yet! The one thing about Vegas is that you can never be bored in the planning phase or the being there phase! At least that it how it is for me! :)!

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
184 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Scale of 1-10 how excited are you when planning your trip?

A definite big ol' 10 for sure! I'm over the roof with excitement! Yes, it's the planning, researching, anticipation of the whole Vegas experience.

I'll be there in 1 week. And to celebrate my 51st birthday, I have my ATV adventure booked, kayaking in the Colorado River and of course ziplining at Bootleg Canyon.

I am soooo looking forward to this!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
605 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Scale of 1-10 how excited are you when planning your trip?

My husband and I will be there in 10 days and I'm sooooooo excited, a 10 for sure! DH, on the other hand, doesn't get excited for Vegas. I'm normally a huge planner. I spent six months planning a big trip to Europe that I did with my daughter. But for Vegas I don't plan. Just relax at the pool, have some drinks, great food, a little shopping, and walk around in the hotels.

Happy birthday, Melonball

Edited: 20 May 2013, 05:49