We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to hotel via taxi, or limo?

tampa
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Airport to hotel via taxi, or limo?

I have noticed over the years that the taxi fares have increased. In addition, this is the first time I am arriving at 6:30 in Vegas on a Thursday night and not sure how long the lines will be for a cab, or traffic depending on which route the driver takes. Does anyone know the approximate rate to the MGM? Based on the time/day we are arriving, should we order a limo?

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
42,130 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to hotel via taxi, or limo?

A cab to MGM will cost less than $15. If I was going to rent a limo, I would go to the sign 1st for pictures to get our money's worth.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
52,270 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to hotel via taxi, or limo?

I'd be surprised if you weren't standing in the MGM lobby 15-20 minutes after you leave baggage claim at the airport. Maybe less. Unless you have money to burn I don't think a limo makes sense for you.

1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to hotel via taxi, or limo?

If you do get a taxi be careful of which company you use! We've just had a bad experience with Henderson taxi co. The driver got lost!!! We ended up missing our bus back to LA because of it!!!

Watch Hill, Rhode...
Level Contributor
11,258 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport to hotel via taxi, or limo?

"A cab to MGM will cost less than $15."

A cab to MGM *should* cost less than $15. Be wary of any driver offering to take the "quickest route", which as it turned out was through the tunnel, getting on the freeway, exiting up near Wynn, then driving South on the Strip, and ending at MGM.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
273 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport to hotel via taxi, or limo?

Cab for the price, limo for the experience. For me taking the limo is worth the price and the experience.

Houston
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport to hotel via taxi, or limo?

if you tell the taxi driver no highway or tunnel it will be cheap. It ought to be in the $10-15 range.

I take a limo because its fun and it's vegas. It really depends on what experience you are looking for. I like the comfort of knowing I'll be picked up in a nice car by someone that bathed that day which you don't always get with taxis.

7. Re: Airport to hotel via taxi, or limo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2014, 05:18