We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Celebrity sightings... any good stories?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lorain, Ohio
Level Contributor
452 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Celebrity sightings... any good stories?

Just curious, has anybody spotted one of their favorite celebrities while in Vegas, maybe shopping or gambling or whatever? If so, where/when, did you get to meet them, etc.

In 2004 while at the Palms we saw Ice-T (from Law & Order SVU), he said hello and seemed pleasant enough. Later that evening my son-in-law saw Joe Rogan from Fear Factor shooting dice, but didn't speak to him.

Don't know about you, but I'm guessing one of these film/TV personalities could walk right past me and I wouldn't notice or recognize, I'm too focused on whatever slot I'm playing!

Was just wondering if there's any good stories you'd like to share.

June 12, hurry up and get here, I'm trying to be patient, but.....

Derry, New Hampshire
Level Contributor
673 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Celebrity sightings... any good stories?

When we were in Vegas last week, my friend saw Ashley Simpson at the Hilton. She said she was wearing a baseball hat and sunglasses but that there was no way you could mistake that face!!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Celebrity sightings... any good stories?

I saw Don King there when I was about 14. My brother would have been 6 and my dad was pointing him out when he said "Who's Don KIng??" We got a nasty look from him!

Aurora, IL
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Celebrity sightings... any good stories?

Sat next to Pete Rose on the plane on my way to Vegas. When I was at MGM saw John Rich (Big & Rich) at Yuri Bar. He was buying a drink for his friend, who just so happened to not have any ID on her, and the bartender refused to serve him. John Rich said, "It's ok, I'm playing here tonight" The bartender still said no dice and they left.

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Celebrity sightings... any good stories?

Yeah-Pete Rose is on display outside the sports memorabilia shop in the forum shops 1/2 of the year for people to choose not to get his autograph and basically say to themselves, "how sad is that?". He is SO washed up.

NJ
Level Contributor
131 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Celebrity sightings... any good stories?

Blackjack i am in total agreement with your whole post.

syracuse NY
Level Contributor
1,397 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Celebrity sightings... any good stories?

Played BJ next to Timothy Hutton at the Hard Rock about 5 years ago. Very nice, laid back guy. Never bet more than $25 a hand. Also met George Foreman, really big hands!

USA
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Celebrity sightings... any good stories?

Saw Dennis Rodman a year or so back at Ceasar's surrounded by his large entourage.....the hair gives him away....

SC
Level Contributor
114 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Celebrity sightings... any good stories?

Saw Shaquille O'Neal at MGM in June 2002 when we stayed there for our daughter's wedding. However, not being a basketball fan, I didn't realize who it was until someone in the wedding party enlightened me.

Also saw Lance Armstrong (not with Sheryl Crow at the time) at our departing gate at McCarran in Nov 2003, he was on our flight back east that evening.

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
149 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Celebrity sightings... any good stories?

At the Wynn Hotel in April '06 ~ Rick Fox , Cuba Gooding, Jr. and Taye Diggs.

April ' 06 ~ Jamie Fox (strip), Magic Johnson (downtown), ED Lover from MTV & Biz Markie (rapper) at the Fashion Show Mall.

May 2004 - Rueben Studdard (MGM), Steve Harvey (MGM), Amaroza from the Apprentice (US Airways flight), J Anthony Brown (comedian/actor) at the MGM shops

Sept. '03 Dennis Rodman at Belliagio Fountains

Howell, New Jersey
Level Contributor
221 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Celebrity sightings... any good stories?

I'm not sure if this counts as a "real" celebrity sighting, but my husband played in a WPT satellite last year at Bellagio and we saw all the guys from WPT and TV over there playing. I spoke with Scotty Nyugen, Eric Sidell, Phil Ivey, and The Unabomber. They were all pretty nice guys! Some were playing in the Satellite while the others were playing high stakes in the high limit poker room!

We'll probably see all of them this year at the Rio, as the hubby's playing in the $1,500 NL Hold 'em WSOP tourney.