We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help me pick a hotel?

Caringbah, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Please help me pick a hotel?

Hello,

My husband and I are going to Vegas in the first week of December this year.

At first we wanted to stay somewhere with an awesome pool, but realised it will be december and probably too cold to swim, so now we aren't too sure what to be looking for.

We want something really nice, that feels very "vegas" without costing us a mint. I have no idea of a good location, we want to be central to everything preferably walking distance?

Please make some suggestions, so far I am thinking Mandalay Bay?

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help me pick a hotel?

Exact dates and a ballpark per night budget would be useful in order to offer help and advice. "Without costing a mint" can mean wildly different things to different people!

Wherever you stay on the Strip, you're not going to have "everything" within comfortable walking distance of your hotel. A combination of walking, cabs and public transportation works for most people if you won't have a car.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
2,008 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help me pick a hotel?

We want something really nice, that feels very "vegas" - Caesars Palace would be my answer to that question. Have fun

Boston
Level Contributor
24,478 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help me pick a hotel?

Staying Mid strip puts you within at least 75% of the action going on in LV.

Forget Swimming, not going to happen.

Forget Mandalay Bay its too far from mid strip, while a great hotel its not convenient.

We cannot guess what something really nice, that feels very "vegas" without costing us a mint means, so when you explain what Mint costs I would be looking into Mid strip Hotels such as Mirage, Paris, Bellagio and Caesars along with a few others not mentioned but are lower end and less expensive.

Shelby Township...
Destination Expert
for Paradise
Level Contributor
2,368 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help me pick a hotel?

If Mandalay Bay is in your budget, then so is Planet Hollywood and Paris--both with a much better location than Mandalay Bay. There are even cheaper options with great location--Flamingo and Harrah's. These two options are good enough for some people and not good enough for others. You decide!

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
4,631 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help me pick a hotel?

Yes, without knowing dollar figures of a |"mint" it's hard to give you really good advice. But, if you want location avoid Mandalay Bay. Nice hotel, terrible location. For something else in the MB price range, thats still nice look at Mirage, Ti, Planet Hollywood...under the right conditions with some promo codes, maybe even Aria, Bellagio, Caesars Palace.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,775 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please help me pick a hotel?

As others have mentioned, what's your price range? That varies from person to person. Some people might not want to spend more than $200 a night, for others, this may be quite unreasonable for them.

I'd also say Caesars, Bellagio, etc., without knowing your budget.

atlanta
Level Contributor
459 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Please help me pick a hotel?

If you are looking for moderately priced, good location, and good amenites, I would reccomend the Mirage.

We have stayed at ceasars, bellagio, and mirage during the past couple of years and I think the mirage is a better value. It's an easy walk to ceasars or the bellagio from the mirage. We are going back in July.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
42,163 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please help me pick a hotel?

Mandalay Bay is an outstanding choice. A very fine 4 star property, with everything one could possibly want on site.

Some do not like the location, it being on the south end of the Strip. But based on this post from yesterday and the 29 replies, none of them can tell us which hotels have a "good location" and which ones have a "bad location." I will tell you that there are 5 hotels between Mandalay Bay and Bellagio, considered the center of the Strip. Maybe you can decide where the line is that makes Mandalay Bay a bad location, but I can't.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g45963-i10-k652617…

If you decide MB is the right property, make the decision that is right for you. If you would prefer a lesser property in a more central location, that option is also avaialable.

As mentioned, if you provide more info about dates, budget, and what you are looking for in a hotel, you will hopelfully receive some replies that will better suited towards your tastes.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,196 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Please help me pick a hotel?

The rodeo is in town the first week of December, so rates might be higher than you were expecting.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,856 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Please help me pick a hotel?

I'd check out Aria, very nice and you say you want nice.