We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Decline resort Fee?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
140 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Decline resort Fee?

Has anyone declined the resort fee at the Venetian and been successful?

Connecticut
Level Contributor
212 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Decline resort Fee?

I did earlier this month with no issues. The resort fee is optional, not mandatory, so it should be fine for you to decline it.

Carlsbad CA
Level Contributor
1,746 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Decline resort Fee?

I assume that means you had no internet service except in public areas.

Canada
Level Contributor
629 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Decline resort Fee?

Astrofan12 we just got back from a 10 day trip, 3 of those days were at Venetian and we did delcine the resort fee, BUT we still had access to wifi in our room even though we declined. We only tested to see if we could access it in our room with the decline but did not use it there we only used it in the public areas.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
212 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Decline resort Fee?

I don't know anything about the Venetian's internet service. I had my own. I heard others in our group say they had issues getting on the internet so they stopped by the front desk and had the resort fee taken off their bill as well.

UK
Level Contributor
445 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Decline resort Fee?

it's two years since I was last in Vegas, ( there in a couple of weeks ). Back then, plenty of free wifi in and around the Apple Stores, McDonalds, Coffee shops in The Miracle Mile shopping Mall.If you need constant Internet access, are you really on vacation ?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,975 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Decline resort Fee?

I've said it before and I'll say it again....why don't people get a dongle if you need internet....then you have wifi everywhere you go...all the time.

The new computers and phones have wifi in them too.

The days of hotels no longer getting away with charging for internet are quickly looming.

As for the local calls included, well, name me someone in this day and age who doesn't have a mobile/cell phone.

Resort fees are ridiculous....an absolute rip off especially in 5 star hotels which should print a boarding pass and give you the use of a gym inclusive in the rate....and as for the nerve of places like the Plaza and Circus Circus charging a resort fee....well, I just laugh my head off at anyone willing to suck that up.

Hotels will keep getting away with charging it until people demand otherwise....whilst you still have people who will back a hotel up, even defend the charges....then we all have to keep paying them....as ridiculous as it is.

If you can decline them then do it every time.

cheers

shirl'

Edited: 27 May 2013, 17:44
scotland
Level Contributor
53 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Decline resort Fee?

Hi did u decline at check in?

Connecticut
Level Contributor
212 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Decline resort Fee?

I declined at checkin.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
93 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Decline resort Fee?

Is it possible to do this at Aria?

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,345 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Decline resort Fee?

Unless it's changed you can not waive the resort fee at Aria. MGM had a specific reason for making resort fees mandatory in 2009 and I would expect this will not change.

FWIW we waived the fee at TI on our last stay. But they are one of the few that have the option on many of their offers.