We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If you had an extra $100?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
74 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
If you had an extra $100?

Hello all,

So my question may seem a little odd, but it's a genuine question.

My fiance and I (in our 20-somethings) are heading to Las Vegas for the first time from July 21-26 this year and we have already booked our hotel (Planet Hollywood with Fountain view) and have front row-center tickets to tournament of kings and Zumanity. We aren't really interested in another show unless an absolute must-see.

If you had an extra 100$ to spend (but did NOT want to use it on gambling - we're not fans of gambling TBH), what would you do? Where would you spend more money to get a better experience? (etc.) Would you get a limo from the airport to the hotel? Would you have a special dinner somewhere? Let me know...

To be clear, I am not necessarily on a low budget, but I am looking to potentially enhance our experience of Las Vegas in some way.

Thank you for your time!

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,367 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: If you had an extra $100?

While the limo is a good idea, I would recommend an afternoon at Qua, the spa at Caesars. A day pass is $45 and allows full use of all facilities.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
13,247 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: If you had an extra $100?

I like shows, so i'd note that the two you picked are not usually mentioned as top-tier. I would pick another show, something like LOVE, Mystere, O, or for something more offbeat, Absinthe.

Canada
Level Contributor
3,224 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: If you had an extra $100?

Personally, I wouldn't do the limo. I'd go to Mon Ami Gabi and have dinner on the patio at dusk...the view of the Bellagio Fountains at that time is beautiful and the people watching is fun/entertaining!! You can do 2 mains, 2 glasses of wine and share a couple of sides for under $100 there. Have fun!! :)

New Jersey
Level Contributor
452 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: If you had an extra $100?

How about a really nice dinner at Gordon Ramsay Steak, Eiffel Tower, Circo, Sinatra for example.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
74 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: If you had an extra $100?

Those are great suggestions, thank you.

The reason why we aren't interested in Cirque du Soleil shows is because we are from Quebec and have seen CDS shows before.

Zumanity appealed to us because its more racy and "Vegas" than the ones we've seen here. We watched some clips of Love, O, etc and felt underwhelmed so chose to put our money elsewhere.

Tournament of Kings is so we can get tipsy and be rowdy and have fun. We know its nothing fancy or super special.

Thank you again for your help!

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
804 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: If you had an extra $100?

Travelzoo has some deals for spas at Pho and Paris. $99 for services up to $200. Also some lounge deal at Pho. There's always deals to be found on helicopter rides over the strip and such.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: If you had an extra $100?

I was thinking the same as DaveNJ. Those shows you have scheduled are not the greatest. My first option would be to upgrade there. If that is not an option, I would spend the extra money to upgrade meal or two. I'm not a spa person, but I could see how that would be attractive to some.

Since you are going to be in Vegas in July, I probably don't need to tell you how HOT it is going to be. You might want to spend the extra cash on cabs/busses/monorails to save yourself from going outside.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: If you had an extra $100?

If you are looking for a more adult show, I would strongly suggest Absinthe over Zumanity.

Park Forest...
Level Contributor
11,473 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: If you had an extra $100?

I would agree with keeping it in reserve. Partly to have for unexpected costs and partly because it will give you flexibility to be spontaneous.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
74 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: If you had an extra $100?

I think people are mistaken,

We have more than $100 "extra", I am simply asking for an option to make our trip better for about $100. We are going to San Francisco for 2 weeks before coming to Las Vegas. We will be doing a lot of non-luxury things and are staying in an attic apartment we found on airBnB. We aren't looking to book a million things, just have some ideas for if we feel like indulging in that little something extra.

Anyways, I appreciate your answers and comments. See above for my previous answer involving our lack of interest in Cirque shows.

Also, the tickets to Zumanity and Tournament of Kings are comped, so I am not going to complain about those! Absinthe seems fun, but may be for another time.