We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Sushi

England
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best Sushi

I'm travelling to the west coast on business in a couple of weeks and am planning on a couple of days detour in Vegas before flying back to the UK.

I really love sushi but having only been to Vegas with my wife previously haven't had the chance to experience some of the fishy delights in town due to her pure dislike of the stuff.

What are people's recomendations for the best sushi in Vegas? No worries on budget, I'm happy to pay good money for great sushi!

Thanks in advance

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,565 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,032 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
570 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
388 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
804 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Sushi

Nobu at Caesars. Sushi Roku in the Forum Shops.

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Supai
Level Contributor
1,870 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Sushi

On the Strip: Barmasa. It's obscenely expensive, and it lacks a sushi bar, but the sushi is top quality.

Off Strip: Kabuto. A tiny place, with sushi as good as that at Barmasa - at one third the price. Offers fairly authentic Edomae (old Tokyo-style) sushi.

New York
Level Contributor
525 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Sushi

The wife and I went to Ra Sushi in the Fashion Show Mall about 3 years ago for their happy hour. We only tried about 3 rolls, but what we had was really good. Obviously, I can't vouch for everything on their menu, but we were impressed with what we had.

Malibu
Level Contributor
11,793 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Sushi

Barmasa. I haven't eaten at Kabuto (yet) but I would totally trust excessive's take. We just ate at the new Nobu and Barmasa is much more my preference. Mizumi is also very good.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
55,508 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Sushi

You said you are doing a "west coast" trip. Which cities? There are a lot better places than LV to get sushi.

The places in LV worthwhile for sushi are Kabuto and Barmasa and I'd rather eat three meals at Kabuto for the price of one at Barmasa.

Nobu is nothing to write home about and Mizumi is overpriced for the quality.

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
91 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Sushi

Kabuto is the place if budget isn't an issue. It's about as real deal as you can get.

I also like Ra Sushi's happy hour... it's a "reverse happy hour" so you get good deals and good times.

Lahaina, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Sushi

More fans of Ra Sushi's happy hour here!

Simpsonville...
8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Sushi

Has anyone ventured to Yama Sushi? My husband wants to go there - but it might be difficult as we won't have a car. Trying to figure out if it will be worth the logistic issues.

Malibu
Level Contributor
11,793 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Sushi

Recommendations are also difficult without knowing fully the OP's "sushi perspective." My family are hard core, have eaten at many of LA's broad spectrum of sushi venues, and taking friends can be sometimes hit and miss. The traditional small and non descript room, bar seating only, with limited if any menu choices- omakase only- grated true wasabi, no rolls at all etc. is not always for the less initiated.

That's why I mentioned the 3 I did.

Even acclaimed master chef Jiro Ono's style might not be appreciated in a Vegas environment.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
55,508 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Sushi

>>>Even acclaimed master chef Jiro Ono's style might not be appreciated in a Vegas environment.<<<

I think there is no doubt of that.

Heavily sauced rolls like you get at so many spots are masking inferior fish.

Corporate spots like Ra, Katsuya, Kabuki et al are fine for what they, but not what most fans of great sushi are looking for. Yama is in that same class, decent, a good value, but not special.