We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegas locals where is a good place to live fulltime in LV?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vegas locals where is a good place to live fulltime in LV?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 22:05
San Diego...
Level Contributor
23,863 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Vegas locals where is a good place to live fulltime in LV?

Most of the best neighborhoods are in the Southeast, Southwest and Northwest parts of The Valley. Id wait to find out where she will be working and then decide. If the job is in Summelin then she probably wants to live in that area and Not Anthem all the way across town.

Here are a few very good neighborhoods by area (there are more than Ill list but those I dont list will still be in the general area of those that I do)

:

SOUTHEAST

Inspirada

Anthem

Anthem Highlands

Seven Hills

Green Valley Ranch

Green Valley

SOUTHWEST

Southern Highlands

RHodes Ranch

Mountains Edge

Spanish Trail

NORTHWEST/WEST

Summerlin

Red Rock

Peccole Ranch

Lakes

As for prices It will vary greatly depending on type of property, size, etc. You can lok on rental sites or craigslist for the areas Ive provided to get an idea.

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,225 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vegas locals where is a good place to live fulltime in LV?

Get the job first. Then look for the place to live. Go out there to interview and check it it out.

Lots of Drama in Vegas schools.

Toledo, Ohio...
Level Contributor
1,630 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vegas locals where is a good place to live fulltime in LV?

I also appreciate this thread....we are considering moving to LV....we have family that lives there....and while they are helpful, they want to know streets and addresses we are finding online so they can tell us if that is a good area or not....that isnt always super helpful as the properties sell very fast so before they can research it is too late....they say neighborhoods are very spotty and it is difficult to tell us exactly where to be looking...so we are having a very hard time knowing where the good areas are.

Englewood, Florida
Level Contributor
468 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vegas locals where is a good place to live fulltime in LV?

Thanks for the info. While we have been Vegas tourists, we know that is different from being a resident. Figured we could get an insider view of where the decent neighborhoods are to save time when the looking actually starts.

She teaches K-5. Teach1977 what kind of drama in the school system? Seems they are desperate for teachers at this time so she figured why not.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Vegas locals where is a good place to live fulltime in LV?

http://www.crimemapping.com/map/nv/lasvegas Is the map overlay from the police department showing what kind of crimes have been reported in what areas.

Menifee CA
Level Contributor
1,240 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vegas locals where is a good place to live fulltime in LV?

I told my DH if we move to Vegas the only places I'd consider are Summerlin and Red Rock. Just love those two areas.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
50,971 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vegas locals where is a good place to live fulltime in LV?

It depends entirely on where she would get assigned. If she was at Coronado High School she doesn't want to live in Summerlin, on the converse, if she is at Legacy High, she doesn't want to live in Green Valley or Henderson.

Midwest
Level Contributor
811 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vegas locals where is a good place to live fulltime in LV?

How is Henderson,NV

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
50,971 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vegas locals where is a good place to live fulltime in LV?

Henderson is a nice city, but it a big city (spread out) so I think you'd want to know where she was working before committing to the south east. Several of the areas GoodBeer mentioned, Anthem, Anthem Highlands, Seven Hills, Inspirada and Green Valley Ranch, are in Henderson.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,469 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vegas locals where is a good place to live fulltime in LV?

Vegas has great neighborhoods cheek and jowl to really ratty ones. The neighborhoods listed above are all relatively new developments, where the ghetto has not really encroached much -- at least, not yet!

But your relatives are right, you really do need to look at the exact street and/or block being considered.