We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southwest Anniversary Sale

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Southwest Anniversary Sale

So......does anyone think they will still have this sale starting tomorro....June 18....their true anniversary date? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that last weeks sale wasn't "The Anniversary Sale"!

Kitchener Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Southwest Anniversary Sale

If I recall last year, the sale was before the Anniversary date.

Schertz, Texas
Level Contributor
1,176 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Southwest Anniversary Sale

I also think last week was "it", but it didn't do any good for me. I've checked everyday, since I booked 19-22 flights over 1 1/2 months ago because I've seen them go up and down in the past and gotten lots of credit. However, this time around, I've seen the fares go only upward. Flights I booked at $223 each way then just went up again today to $261 each way. I guess I can look at it postively and say I've saved $76, so far, by booking earlier!:-)

Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Southwest Anniversary Sale

I heard thru the grapevine that last week wasn't "THE" sale....but guess I will see tomorro...

Schertz, Texas
Level Contributor
1,176 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Southwest Anniversary Sale

LOL! I was just checking to see if any later posts and realized I reserved 19-22 flights???? I meant 19-22 Jul flights!! Hope you heard truth, Kimmi....would love to see fares lowered and get some credit!!

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,927 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Southwest Anniversary Sale

derfzus: The reason your tickets weren't lower during last weeks sale is because the Sale Fares started AUGUST 26th, and didn't apply to July.

Romeoville, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Southwest Anniversary Sale

I did take advantage of the SW sale last week, Saved some money one way, but still high from Chi to LV. hope to see some lower fares in the next few days,

Washington
Level Contributor
4,513 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Southwest Anniversary Sale

I've gotten to the point whereas I've pretty much given up on SW entirely when it comes to flying RT out of DC to Vegas. I have better luck (with fares) with the other airlines departing from the DC area than what SW promotes. I think SW has pretty much permanently grounded airfare sales to Vegas departing from cities on the East Coast.

Watch Hill, Rhode...
Level Contributor
11,258 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Southwest Anniversary Sale

I didn't see anything regarding their anniversary on the website yet this morning, however, our return flight (LAS-BDL) went from $241 to $199, so I changed to the lower fare. $84 credit now for future use.

Moral of the story is to keep checking, you never know what might happen. ;)

Urbandale, Iowa
Level Contributor
2,175 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Southwest Anniversary Sale

Secured out outbound flight to Las Vegas this morning for $24.00/person cheaper than it was last Tuesday. Homebound flight was $24.00/person more than last Tuesday, glad I bought then. I'm pretty happy with the $222.00/person, I haven't seen a number that low in a few trips.

Good Luck.

B

Schertz, Texas
Level Contributor
1,176 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Southwest Anniversary Sale

ktinca: Was aware last week's sale was only for reservations between Aug and the end of the year. Not sure yet on dates when I'll be able to go on my next vist after Jul.....should be Aug-Sep and the only reduced fares I saw in the sale were for either late evening, or flights with stops. Nonstops arriving during afternoon both ways are my preference. I still have seen fares go down outside of sale promotions, so I check everyday for current and future bookings.