We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who's the WORST travel partner youve had going to vegas??

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chicago,IL
Level Contributor
148 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Who's the WORST travel partner youve had going to vegas??

So every since I can remember( just a few years ago) my cousin and I have planned to go to Vegas. We always talked about how much fun we would have. How many drinks we would drink, the food we would eat, the clubs we would hit...the basic Vegas conversation. I've gone a couple times with other people and we finally decided to make the big trip together. I don't even know where to start with how lame my cousins behavior was. She didn't want to do poop. I RSVP to a day club and night club everyday we were there. She sat around in those place like statue. She didn't want to walk the strip and wasn't interested in really seeing the resorts. Needless to say. Never again will we go anywhere together. I feel like she disrespected the sacred place that is Las Vegas. She clearly did not appreciate the awesomeness that Vegas is. If you come to VeGas and lame out..you should be banned!

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
1,958 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Who's the WORST travel partner youve had going to vegas??

I once went with a friend who wanted to play cards and order a pizza. IN THE ROOM. in Vegas. Really?

chicago,IL
Level Contributor
148 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Who's the WORST travel partner youve had going to vegas??

My cousin wanted to order room service...on the first night! Lol

North Providence...
Level Contributor
248 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Who's the WORST travel partner youve had going to vegas??

A few years back my husband and I planned a Vegas vacation with my cousins and their spouses. We never did anything we wanted to do. My cousin planned everything around her kids(yes kids) it was so boring !! On the flight home we agreed never again. Travel solo,make our own plans, enjoy Vegas to its potential. We will be returning in 17 days ALONE!!!!

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,942 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Who's the WORST travel partner youve had going to vegas??

i always think it would be nice to plan vegas with the right couple but then I worry that we wont want to do the same things. At this point the only reason we would hang with someone is if they happened to be in Vegas at the same time

Washington
Level Contributor
4,404 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Who's the WORST travel partner youve had going to vegas??

The ones who decide to take their first, ever trip to Vegas & then once they arrive, consistently day & night gripe that "There's nothing but gambling out here" and "I'll never go back to Vegas again." Also, a partner who is too cheap & scared to spend a dime on anything...gambling, entertainment, food, you name it. Also, the person who stares with their eyeballs almost set to pop out, watching every little penny that your betting.

calleefoneeya
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Who's the WORST travel partner youve had going to vegas??

I'll answer it in reverse. The best Vegas companions for me are those who don't sweat it if I don't want to do what they want to do, or vice versa. I probably wouldn't have had fun with the OP's agenda either honestly--a day club every day, and a night club every night? Yikes. But instead of going along with it and sulking throughout, ruining it for both of us, I'd say: "You know what? You go do your thing, and I'll go do what I want to do on my vacation, and we can meet for a meal and swap stories later, ok?"

A little compromise--going along with one thing, while the other person lets you have your way on another is fine a few times. But it's not necessary for me to have a sidekick or a leader with me every waking minute. The great thing about Vegas is that you can do a whole lot of fun things solo.

I'd be curious to hear what the OP's cousin's version of the trip might be...

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
467 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Who's the WORST travel partner youve had going to vegas??

I hope the OPs cousin doesn't read tripadvisor....

chicago,IL
Level Contributor
148 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Who's the WORST travel partner youve had going to vegas??

Redrob..she doesn't! :)

Edited: 19 June 2013, 02:57
chicago,IL
Level Contributor
148 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Who's the WORST travel partner youve had going to vegas??

Ndfan01...I'm sure her version of the story is different. I can hear her now.."we had so much fun" lol. Also I would have been game for whatever she wanted to do. I'm not picky...she didn't want to do anything. We saw Jabbawockeez..she complained about the show. I'm not sure why she came.

Edited: 19 June 2013, 03:04
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
979 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Who's the WORST travel partner youve had going to vegas??

mother-in-law ... never (ever ever) again!