We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monte Carlo Pool

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
right here
Level Contributor
122 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Monte Carlo Pool

From reading many reviews here, there seems to be inconsistency about what can and cannot be brought into the pool.

Since the reviews span several months, I wondered if any of you had more recent experience?

Can you at least bring in their 'signature' bottled water (their label) from the room? One would think so, but some said no. Others have been allowed to bring in one bottle or can each (soda?) Some said their bags were searched and anything taken and tossed.

Inconsistency is annoying LOL Anyone?

Yankee
Level Contributor
7,293 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monte Carlo Pool

Maybe you'll get lucky and maybe you won't. It's sorta like gambling.

Level Contributor
52 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monte Carlo Pool

Im just back, you can bring water from abywere but only water. Have a nice trip!

right here
Level Contributor
122 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monte Carlo Pool

Thanks, Mims K! Good to know.

Can you still take in your own donut-type pool float? If not, how much are they now?

Level Contributor
52 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Monte Carlo Pool

Im not too sure, they were charging like 50 dollers so we never went near them. As for bringing in your own, i wouldnt see them allowing you. They like to charge for everything!

Shelby Township...
Destination Expert
for Paradise
Level Contributor
2,301 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Monte Carlo Pool

I can't answer your question--but I wanted to congratulate you for combing through the reviews on Monte Carlo. So many people don't bother to read them for information--it is just easier to ask the same old questions over and over. They won't even perform a search on the forums to find their answers.

We've stayed at Caesar's, Wynn, Bellagio, MGM and Mirage. We almost always get to the pool when it opens and we always have a breakfast bag and coffees from McDonald's or somewhere similar in plain view. We are never searched and we are not refused admittance because we are bringing food along.

I tend to think that you make your own luck--if it looks like you are "holding" then you get searched. If you seem reputable then you walk on by. And I think they don't care as much when the pool first opens.

right here
Level Contributor
122 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Monte Carlo Pool

dgw9, makes sense and has been true for us at different times and places too.

mims, we stayed at MC and could bring your own float. Rental at the time was like $10 a day per tube.

Anyone else just back that can confirm cost or if others brought their own? It was always fun to see all the bright colors of various floats other than the grey floats they rented :)

7. Re: Monte Carlo Pool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2014, 05:17