We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Don't melt this weekend.......

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,748 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
Don't melt this weekend.......

Seriously concerned for our visitors not used to heat. Even if you come from humid areas, 120 is extreme. It'll be 125-130 in low-lying areas in the canyons. I'm a heat veteran and this is pushing it even for me (I'm only running around it it because they pay me to).

Just stay in shade or indoors and stay hydrated. People go down without warning in these conditions.

Kenosha, WI
Level Contributor
11,961 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Don't melt this weekend.......

Believe me, I will limit my outside time very much this weekend!!!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
719 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Don't melt this weekend.......

I was in Vegas the first week of June one day it hit 114 that is some serious heat , and of course being from the uk we aren't used to those sort of temperatures I also too advise about drinking plenty of water I certainly did , you could get 2 bottles of water for 1 dollar at a shop facing the tickets for tonight booth at the MGM end of the strip

Seattle
Level Contributor
726 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Don't melt this weekend.......

Wow. If it gets above 75 in Seattle people start complaining about the "heat". LOL Glad I am not a roofing or asphalt contractor. I don't see how they can take it working in Las Vegas and Phoenix.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
396 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Don't melt this weekend.......

Here in Vegas now and it was nice last night. Going to the pool today!

Jacksonville Beach...
Level Contributor
70 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Don't melt this weekend.......

I lived in miami and I am a heat Fan so I should be ok

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,748 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Don't melt this weekend.......

I hear that a lot from visitors.....they are from such-and-such a hot place but when they get here and it's 127 in the canyon----it's brutal.

7. Re: Don't melt this weekend.......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 27 June 2013, 20:04
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
4,345 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Don't melt this weekend.......

Will be on a flight to Alaska tomorrow - will not be missing the heat while sitting in my tent in the 60 degrees and drizzle at Katmai watching bears fish for salmon, lol!

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
1,750 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Don't melt this weekend.......

cbsnews.com/8301-205_162-57590963/… . You never know...96 degrees at Talkeetna...what's the record at Katmai?

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Don't melt this weekend.......

I posted about this yesterday and got some smarty replies but most are serious. This is SERIOUS heat folks! Be safe out there.

I only looked into it because my coworker is on a 5PM flight to LV tonight. One time I may actually NOT be jealous of a friend going to Vegas. Stay cool.