We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sugar Factory-Water. Are you Kidding me

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
27 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Sugar Factory-Water. Are you Kidding me

It is 115 degrees out. . I asked for some water this morning after

Ordering a cup of $4.00 coffee and was told they don't have water. Keep in mind my friend

And I also ordered a meal. I said are u serious? The waiter was dead serious. I could

Order a carafe. Oh for 6-8 bucks... Had I known that, I would have snuck in my own

Bottle of water. I have traveled a lot over the years and have never heard that. What

A bunch of u know what. Don't go eat there if you want a sip of water. I even asked

For tap water to make sure the waiter understood me.

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,085 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sugar Factory-Water. Are you Kidding me

That would be about the time that I walked out and went elsewhere.......

Hope you did, too.......That's just plain crazy......

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,579 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sugar Factory-Water. Are you Kidding me

I didn't encounter that a year or so ago - we received tap water with our meal at no charge. However this is about the 3rd or 4th time I read this recently. Also complained that it just kept getting refilled when they didn't ask for refills & they were charged again. I ALWAYS drink water with my meal so I will have to remember to get a bottle from the CW before I go in.

Michigan
Level Contributor
7,078 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sugar Factory-Water. Are you Kidding me

The place blows avoid at all costs dont waste a second of your vacation there.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,993 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sugar Factory-Water. Are you Kidding me

We had the worst and most expensive breakfast of one of our trips there once. Would not return for a meal.

Oregon
Level Contributor
2,604 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sugar Factory-Water. Are you Kidding me

Honestly, I thought it was against the law to refuse water and in the current heat conditions it is outrageous!!!! Know Vegas is a place where the restaurants try to push buying special bottled water and sparkling water but this just totally out of line!!! Had one less than stellar experience there and already decided we would not be going back. Now for sure, no way!

Frankfort, Indiana
Level Contributor
835 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Sugar Factory-Water. Are you Kidding me

It sounds like somebody needs to go tell one of the guys selling water on the strip to go sit on their front steps and see how they react to that. At least that way, their will be water sold on the premises anyway.

Orange County
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sugar Factory-Water. Are you Kidding me

i can remember eating at Border Grill a few years back and noticed a carafe of water brought to the table. I for some reason felt compelled at some point to ask the server if I was being charged for it. I think i had poured roughly a 1/2 glass..didn't drink a sip as i had something to drink with my meal. I made sure i wasn't charged for it...and I had to have them remove it from my bill This was brought up by others on here whom had similar experience. To go and do something like that and to not even disclose to the customer that this is some sort of " special water" was a pretty deceptive business practice and I almost went off on the manager for it.

Diamond Bar...
Level Contributor
783 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sugar Factory-Water. Are you Kidding me

Not only did they charge for a carafe of tap or flat water but they added some sort of "concession user fee" of

about 3% to my total bill. Once was enough for me in that place.

LONDON
Level Contributor
1,568 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sugar Factory-Water. Are you Kidding me

Thanks for the warning-I for one will be steering clear!

Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Sugar Factory-Water. Are you Kidding me

That is beyond ridiculous, thanks for the info.